A Muslim speaks About the Elections

• Thread starter Thread starter HagiaSophia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HagiaSophia

But Muslims who favor democratization are speaking as well. Some, like Salama Ni’mat of the London Arabic-language daily Al-Hayat, see hypocrisy in unelected Arab rulers who condemn Iraqi elections as illegitimate, and irony in the circumstances under which those elections will occur:

“It is outrageous, and amazing, that the first free and general elections in the history of the Arab nation are to take place in January: in Iraq, under the auspices of American occupation, and in Palestine, under the auspices of the Israeli occupation.

“It is sad and pathetic that the eyes of the entire world are upon the Palestinian and Iraqi elections that will be held under the lances of foreign occupation, while the peoples of the ‘independent, free, and sovereign’ Arab countries have no way of expressing their will.

“It is sad and pathetic that certain countries today are treating the Iraqis with the cheapest kind of political hypocrisy, even though no one heard any particular Arab protest during the time of the regime of the mass graves *. What prevents some of the Arab regimes from holding free and genuine elections is their fear of the results, and nothing more – that is, their fear of the will of their peoples.”

In Iraq itself, a newly liberated press offered commentary on the effects of the U.S. presidential election on their country. Writing on behalf of an Iraqi rights group, Aziz Al-Haj eloquently noted:

“Much can be said about this event, its meaning and consequences… I wish to express my feelings of happiness as a nationalist democratic Iraqi about this victory, which confirms anew the legitimacy and justice of the war of liberation of Iraq from the Saddam regime and the danger it had posed to the security of the region and the world.

“Kerry’s opportunistic maneuvers with the Iraqi subject have failed, particularly his claims that Saddam did not represent a threat to the American and world security. We know that the Saddam danger was far greater than the danger of Al-Qaida and bin Laden because Saddam’s regime had enormous capabilities in a very sensitive region and possessed forbidden weapons and capacities and programs to produce many types of these weapons.

“The betting on the defeat of Bush by the terrorists with all their tribes and branches, the nationalists, the Arab and European left, and the murderers in Fallujah, Ramadi, and Mosul, and the Iranian and Syrian regimes, has failed… These groups with disparate ideologies and objectives had one common denominator - a blind hatred for Bush. We offer them our deep condolences…”

chronwatch.com/content/contentDisplay.asp?aid=11524&catcode=13

.*

“The betting on the defeat of Bush by the terrorists with all their tribes and branches, the nationalists, the Arab and European left, and the murderers in Fallujah, Ramadi, and Mosul, and the Iranian and Syrian regimes, has failed… These groups with disparate ideologies and objectives had one common denominator - a blind hatred for Bush. We offer them our deep condolences…”
👍

Democracy is good but if in the elections, wins an islamic party, well the war won´t have sense, greetings

The Muslem world is in green:

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Gilliam, Is this accurate? I thought Nigeria was Christian?

Michael C:
Nigeria has a Muslim population of 50% and therefore, is now classified as predominantly Muslim. Christians make up 40%, with the other 10% mixed.

Interesting that this is coming from al-Hayat. That particular newspaper may be based in London, but it’s owned by Khalid bin Sultan, the son of the Sa`udi Minister of Defense. I wouldn’t exactly consider him a rabid promoter of democracy. :hmmm:

DaveBj

Perhaps instead of worrying about red and blue states, we should start worrying about the GREEN states.

Wasn’t it Chesterton who predicted that Islam would rise again as a threat to the West?

And Hillaire Belloc is quoted in the most recent issue of “This Rock” as saying, in reference to the defeat of the Muslim siege of Vienna, that it is “a date that ought to be among the most famous in history–September 11, 1683.”

40.png
DaveBj:
Interesting that this is coming from al-Hayat. That particular newspaper may be based in London, but it’s owned by Khalid bin Sultan, the son of the Sa`udi Minister of Defense. I wouldn’t exactly consider him a rabid promoter of democracy. :hmmm:

DaveBj
Several months ago I listened to an hour long interview with a leading official of Saudi (one of the princelings I think) who unequivocally stated that the purpose of the royal family at this juncture in time is to incrementally move their nation toward a parliamentary government but that it takes time, education and can’t be done overnight. I was rather surprised but he sure didn’t beg off the hard questions and was quite definitive on this point.

40.png
JimG:
Perhaps instead of worrying about red and blue states, we should start worrying about the GREEN states.

Wasn’t it Chesterton who predicted that Islam would rise again as a threat to the West?

And Hillaire Belloc is quoted in the most recent issue of “This Rock” as saying, in reference to the defeat of the Muslim siege of Vienna, that it is “a date that ought to be among the most famous in history–September 11, 1683.”
Yes to both counts and they knew what they were talking about: Islam due to two world wars has been a simmering stew and is now about to launch for a long time I fear, their “reconquest” - all those wishing to blame the US notwithstanding. It’s been coming, it is coming and some of think it’s here in the initial stages.

It is as Huntington defined it a cultural clash and it is not going to go away by wishful thinking, by having tea and scones - it’s going to be a messy future.

40.png
HagiaSophia:
But Muslims who favor democratization are speaking as well. Some, like Salama Ni’mat of the London Arabic-language daily Al-Hayat, see hypocrisy in unelected Arab rulers who condemn Iraqi elections as illegitimate, and irony in the circumstances under which those elections will occur:

“It is outrageous, and amazing, that the first free and general elections in the history of the Arab nation are to take place in January: in Iraq, under the auspices of American occupation, and in Palestine, under the auspices of the Israeli occupation.

“It is sad and pathetic that the eyes of the entire world are upon the Palestinian and Iraqi elections that will be held under the lances of foreign occupation, while the peoples of the ‘independent, free, and sovereign’ Arab countries have no way of expressing their will.

“It is sad and pathetic that certain countries today are treating the Iraqis with the cheapest kind of political hypocrisy, even though no one heard any particular Arab protest during the time of the regime of the mass graves *. What prevents some of the Arab regimes from holding free and genuine elections is their fear of the results, and nothing more – that is, their fear of the will of their peoples.”

In Iraq itself, a newly liberated press offered commentary on the effects of the U.S. presidential election on their country. Writing on behalf of an Iraqi rights group, Aziz Al-Haj eloquently noted:

“Much can be said about this event, its meaning and consequences… I wish to express my feelings of happiness as a nationalist democratic Iraqi about this victory, which confirms anew the legitimacy and justice of the war of liberation of Iraq from the Saddam regime and the danger it had posed to the security of the region and the world.

“Kerry’s opportunistic maneuvers with the Iraqi subject have failed, particularly his claims that Saddam did not represent a threat to the American and world security. We know that the Saddam danger was far greater than the danger of Al-Qaida and bin Laden because Saddam’s regime had enormous capabilities in a very sensitive region and possessed forbidden weapons and capacities and programs to produce many types of these weapons.

chronwatch.com/content/contentDisplay.asp?aid=11524&catcode=13*

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back