M
michaelhager
Guest
I became Catholic at Easter Vigil, 2010.
I’ve been asking questions ever since and am hungry for the truth of the Church.
In 2012 at a Diocesan Youth Conference, Diocese of Charelston (I am a Core member of our parish Life Teen program) I received a sheet of paper from a priest giving a workshop on apologetics. It was a copy of a copy of a copy… and difficult to read and I used it to death. It is torn, folded, wrinkled and highlighted so I set about reproducing it afresh.
It took hours to copy and retype but the result is here. It folds nicely into a little pocket sized reference sheet.
While retyping it, I had to look up many of the passages for my own clarification and somewhere along the way I thought “what a great tool!” I gave copies to many of the youth in our church and got the same question from many of them “Is there an app for that?” So I put a version of it up on my personal web site in a responsive format that can be read by any PC and all mobile devices. That version is here.
THEN I got the idea that it would be handy to have the full scriptures that were cited available so I added this version. (Also compatible with mobile devices).
While I was doing that, I realized that there were all kinds of foot notes on the USCCB version of the Bible that I could link to, so I included links in many of the relevant scripture verse numbers.
A few of those referred to the Catechism so I decided to add relevant citations from the Catechism of the Catholic Church at the bottom of each section. They link directly to the official Vatican Catechism.
THEN while I was further researching I found many articles and tracts on the Catholic Answers web pages and added links to those relevant writings at the bottom of many of the sections.
THEN I found a great post on these forums about scripture in the mass, so I PM’d the author and obtained permission to use his works, and added them to the bottom of the page.
Ok, pretty soon I’m going to just be recreating the entire body of Catholic works if I don’t stop. At any rate, Here is my entire project, fairly well completed enough to put out there to the public. Oh, and there’s also a full content .pdf version available.
Please, if you have time, take a look, navigate around and let me know if there is anything clunky or difficult about the site. See if there are improvements you would like to see in the structure, and in the content. Did I leave anything out? Could I have said anything better? Different? Clearer?
Please, I’m not looking for accolades, but serious criticism to try and make this all a useful tool for anyone who might benefit from it.
Mostly it’s been a great learning tool for me in my journey.
Thank you and God Bless each of you in your Journey with Christ!
.
I’ve been asking questions ever since and am hungry for the truth of the Church.
In 2012 at a Diocesan Youth Conference, Diocese of Charelston (I am a Core member of our parish Life Teen program) I received a sheet of paper from a priest giving a workshop on apologetics. It was a copy of a copy of a copy… and difficult to read and I used it to death. It is torn, folded, wrinkled and highlighted so I set about reproducing it afresh.
It took hours to copy and retype but the result is here. It folds nicely into a little pocket sized reference sheet.
While retyping it, I had to look up many of the passages for my own clarification and somewhere along the way I thought “what a great tool!” I gave copies to many of the youth in our church and got the same question from many of them “Is there an app for that?” So I put a version of it up on my personal web site in a responsive format that can be read by any PC and all mobile devices. That version is here.
THEN I got the idea that it would be handy to have the full scriptures that were cited available so I added this version. (Also compatible with mobile devices).
While I was doing that, I realized that there were all kinds of foot notes on the USCCB version of the Bible that I could link to, so I included links in many of the relevant scripture verse numbers.
A few of those referred to the Catechism so I decided to add relevant citations from the Catechism of the Catholic Church at the bottom of each section. They link directly to the official Vatican Catechism.
THEN while I was further researching I found many articles and tracts on the Catholic Answers web pages and added links to those relevant writings at the bottom of many of the sections.
THEN I found a great post on these forums about scripture in the mass, so I PM’d the author and obtained permission to use his works, and added them to the bottom of the page.
Ok, pretty soon I’m going to just be recreating the entire body of Catholic works if I don’t stop. At any rate, Here is my entire project, fairly well completed enough to put out there to the public. Oh, and there’s also a full content .pdf version available.
Please, if you have time, take a look, navigate around and let me know if there is anything clunky or difficult about the site. See if there are improvements you would like to see in the structure, and in the content. Did I leave anything out? Could I have said anything better? Different? Clearer?
Please, I’m not looking for accolades, but serious criticism to try and make this all a useful tool for anyone who might benefit from it.
Mostly it’s been a great learning tool for me in my journey.
Thank you and God Bless each of you in your Journey with Christ!
.