A priest forever

  • Thread starter Thread starter StillWondering
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

StillWondering

Guest
Hello, I was just wondering about the expression, “a priest forever.” Does this refer to priest being priest all through their life here on earth *or *does it mean forever here and in eternity? For context of why I ask, I read that Sacraments are only here while we are alive, like the Sacrament of Matrimony, while EWTN mentions forever without any conditionals.
 
Yes, a priest is a priest forever - meaning in eternity. why? The Sacrament of Holy Orders leaves an indelible mark on the soul (so does Baptism, which is why we can only receive it once, and confirmation).

So a man who is ordained a priest will be a priest forever, in eternity, whether in Heaven or the other place.

This is something to think about, isn’t it? Even priests who leave the priesthood will still be priests after death… The priesthood is a tremendous vocation.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top