A Problem With Competitive Gaming

  • Thread starter Thread starter FaithRuir
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FaithRuir

Guest
I love watching competitive gaming, but it has a problem. I don’t know if I could in good conscience participate in them because of the commentary.

Since we life in the society we do today, we have to live with blasphemy and vulgar language left and right, especially in communities with younger people and gaming personalities, which from my experience tend to use bad language pretty often. While swearing is less common in commentary settings, there is still other vulgarity and blasphemy being stated, not to mention player names and tags can be pretty liberal to say the least.

I love watching competitive gaming, for sure, and I know I’m not responsible for any vulgarities they may say then, but what about the players themselves? I’ve also run into problems rooting for players for this reason.

Part of me wants to experience this, there is nothing wrong in and of itself with competitive gaming, but I get worried about being onstream for these concerns.

Suggestions appreciated.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top