H
hawk9652
Guest
I was baptized when I was born and then slowly became disconnected from the Church. Baptism is the thing I have done in the Church.
During college, I attempted to go through the confirmation process but was told by the lady who was in charge of the class that I could not become a member of the church because I had no recieved the sacraments at the correct age. I later talked with friends uncle who is a Priest and he said it doesn’t matter what age you are just as long as you complete each sacrament in the correct order. Is this correct?
Also, he said that no one can determine your relationship with God and that RCIA isn’t necessarily needed to become a member.
I am looking for clarification on the whole confirmation process as a 24 year old male. I recently found a new relationship with God during my mothers 7 month battle with cancer. When she passed, I felt this comfort only God could give me and decided to get back into the church.
Basically, my question is:
Do I have to enroll in RCIA and how long is the class?
Thank you,
Chris
During college, I attempted to go through the confirmation process but was told by the lady who was in charge of the class that I could not become a member of the church because I had no recieved the sacraments at the correct age. I later talked with friends uncle who is a Priest and he said it doesn’t matter what age you are just as long as you complete each sacrament in the correct order. Is this correct?
Also, he said that no one can determine your relationship with God and that RCIA isn’t necessarily needed to become a member.
I am looking for clarification on the whole confirmation process as a 24 year old male. I recently found a new relationship with God during my mothers 7 month battle with cancer. When she passed, I felt this comfort only God could give me and decided to get back into the church.
Basically, my question is:
Do I have to enroll in RCIA and how long is the class?
Thank you,
Chris