A question about justice and an apology

  • Thread starter Thread starter foolishmortal
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

foolishmortal

Guest
This question is for the know hows

We were taught about justice by our priest regarding what are venial or mortal sins against it and that restitution must be done and that not all violations against justice can be absolved by a priest or even a bishop–but by the Pope (except if about to die and I don’t think you always have to meet with him to do it as that could be impossible). What I didn’t think I had time to ask him is this: if, in frustration about another, you blabber your gripe to people. What if you are used to griping about those who grieve you. Is it mortal sin stuff? If you weren’t thinking about the harm done or possibly done, is it mortal? What if you forgot the moral theology teachings? What if others might have forgotten? Should it be brought up again? How is that gone about without disclosing your error to new ears/eyes? If it’s decided to be venial (like the accuser or accused is little known to others and/or the material is not malicious in nature–but joking, I think, is one or two or 3 conditions whereby it could not be grave), is restitution still required?

Also, I apologize if I ripped on anyone or any people in this forum or those of anywhere else in this way. I probably can’t track down all I’ve written here but I’m sure I did. I rant a lot. I apologize for scandalizing anyone by reading it. Please forgive me. I am very foolish.
 
When the priest was talking about how some stuff needs to be absolved by the Pope, he’s talking about big multi-national stuff that your parish priest and bishop aren’t qualified to deal with. Don’t do anything murderous to any bishops, for example, and especially don’t do anything like attending the Pope’s election and trying to fix it!

You really need to talk to a priest about your griping, and whether you went so far as defamation or gossip or what. He can’t tell without details, and we really shouldn’t hear about that kind of stuff. He’s also in the best position to assign you penance and tell you how to make reparation.

But if you said something you regret, and you remember who you said it to, you might want to go back to that person and say, “I think I was a little hard on X” or “I should have kept my mouth shut about my problems; please don’t hold what I said against X.” Unless it was ages ago, and you really would just be making matters worse.

But definitely go to Confession and talk about this with your priest. I’m not the person to say.
 
The ones reserved to the Pope are stated in canon law

The only one that comes to mind is intentional desecration of the Blessed Sacrament.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top