L
lousyHorse
Guest
What do you think of the idea of Oblivion after death? For those who don’t know it’s the idea or belief that there is nothing after death, that it will be the same way before you were born, lack of awareness, thoughts, feelings, etc. This belief or view of life after death is typically held by atheists.
I’m catholic, I believe that there is an afterlife, but for a long time I had trouble over this idea of Oblivion ( or cessation of existence). I find it a little scary and try to cope with it. Even though I beleive in an afterlife, that in would go to heaven, im a still bothered by Oblivion. I want to feel just as comfortable with Oblivion as I am with Heaven, sounds strange I know but I would like to stop worrying so much.
So my question is what do you think of the idea of Oblivion ( cessation of existence or no afterlife), does it bother you or you would be comfortable with it if it was true? And how do you feel better about Oblivion ( I don’t believe it but I just don’t want be afraid of it)
I’m catholic, I believe that there is an afterlife, but for a long time I had trouble over this idea of Oblivion ( or cessation of existence). I find it a little scary and try to cope with it. Even though I beleive in an afterlife, that in would go to heaven, im a still bothered by Oblivion. I want to feel just as comfortable with Oblivion as I am with Heaven, sounds strange I know but I would like to stop worrying so much.
So my question is what do you think of the idea of Oblivion ( cessation of existence or no afterlife), does it bother you or you would be comfortable with it if it was true? And how do you feel better about Oblivion ( I don’t believe it but I just don’t want be afraid of it)