T
TwoNames
Guest
Hello,
I’ve been to my friend’s house one hour ago. I was there to help him with something, but because of the weather we sort of just hung out and he offered me a glass wine + sparkling water (spritzer). After drinking the first one, he offered me another, and I said sure, please. But at the beginning of the second one I started feeling the effects of alcohol. I finished the glass and went home. I started worrying that I have committed a mortal sin. I did not eat that much today - so I think this is the reason why I feel …drunk… or he mixed a strong spritzer. Now I know this was a bad idea, but I drove myself to a supermarket to buy something to eat - there was no real lunch food at home.
Am I in the state of a mortal sin? I went to confession on monday and I made a firm purpose of staying away from sin. Then something stupid like this happens. Now I still feel some effect of it. The food is cooking and I think this will get rid of the feeling… It’s not like drunk drunk, but when I was putting on my shoes at my friends house as I was leaving, I did feel dizzy, a bit at least.
I thank you for all the replies. May God bless your charity.
I’ve been to my friend’s house one hour ago. I was there to help him with something, but because of the weather we sort of just hung out and he offered me a glass wine + sparkling water (spritzer). After drinking the first one, he offered me another, and I said sure, please. But at the beginning of the second one I started feeling the effects of alcohol. I finished the glass and went home. I started worrying that I have committed a mortal sin. I did not eat that much today - so I think this is the reason why I feel …drunk… or he mixed a strong spritzer. Now I know this was a bad idea, but I drove myself to a supermarket to buy something to eat - there was no real lunch food at home.
Am I in the state of a mortal sin? I went to confession on monday and I made a firm purpose of staying away from sin. Then something stupid like this happens. Now I still feel some effect of it. The food is cooking and I think this will get rid of the feeling… It’s not like drunk drunk, but when I was putting on my shoes at my friends house as I was leaving, I did feel dizzy, a bit at least.
I thank you for all the replies. May God bless your charity.