T
tapiocapudding
Guest
They only never closed the schools for cold that I recall. . usually our temperatures hang around or just below freezing all winter but we usually get few weeks of temperatures around the 0F mark or below and they certainly wouldn’t close the schools for that. Might keep the kids inside for recess if it’s really bad.Our area here in Oklahoma is currently experiencing a very serious arctic cold snap as many of you know. Pretty much all the schools are closing because of it. Many kids do not have proper clothing for temperatures that are THIS cold, also many kids walk and have to stand and wait for the bus.
One complaint I have heard that has got me thinking is the fact that schools in the north do not close because of temperatures. Ice and snow yes but not temperatures. I would think if the temps where bad enough they would. So do your schools close when it’s super cold outside. I’m talking unusually cold for your area.
A lot of people out here are praising this decision to close schools but there are some that are really gripping about it. The “I have to work so they should go to school” argumentsBut then there is this argument about the temps and how schools in the north don’t close. I’ll admit that one has me curious. So what say you.
![]()
usually schools are not closed for snow unless we get more than 18 inches or if we’re in the middle of a blizzard. People who can’t get out don’t send their kids but our city is fairly large and the main roads are plowed pretty quickly. A bad ice storm would cause schools to close but freezing rain would not.