I
Ichthys4121517
Guest
There seems to be one key inconsistency between Christianity and evolution that so many theistic evolutionists overlook. Consider this: If evolution is true, then that would mean that it will continue to happen in the future, as it (hypothetically) has happened in the past. If that were so, then wouldn’t humans eventually evolve into some sort of superhuman race that is more intelligent and more physically powerful than us? If that were true, then we humans wouldn’t be the pinnacle of God’s creation, as all Christians believe. Why would Jesus come to Earth as a human if, eventually, a greater being than humans would exist?
So, theistic evolutionists, how do you confront this problem? Do you believe that the end-times will come before that superhuman race evolves? Do you believe that evolution has just plateaued at humanity; we will never evolve into anything greater? Do you believe that any superhuman race will just not have souls?
I mean no disrespect, and I intend to keep this discussion civil. I’m just genuinely curious.
By the way, I know that this isn’t necessarily related to Scripture (although theistic evolution does seem to me to be incompatible with Genesis). But why should discussion about this topic be banned in “Philosophy” anyway?
So, theistic evolutionists, how do you confront this problem? Do you believe that the end-times will come before that superhuman race evolves? Do you believe that evolution has just plateaued at humanity; we will never evolve into anything greater? Do you believe that any superhuman race will just not have souls?
I mean no disrespect, and I intend to keep this discussion civil. I’m just genuinely curious.
By the way, I know that this isn’t necessarily related to Scripture (although theistic evolution does seem to me to be incompatible with Genesis). But why should discussion about this topic be banned in “Philosophy” anyway?