J
Jesuslives
Guest
**This is a rant, a prayer request and any advice welcome thread. **
I am starting to give up on men on hope to ever find a good one. I am 25, born and raised Catholic with a great family. Since I was a young girl I have dreamed of meeting the right man. Not to brag but I am attractive, smart and I have a great job, morals and family. I have pretty much had such great influences of Catholic men that every guy I meet seems to be a mess in comparison. My last boyfriend completely crushed me with his nightly addiction to porn. While he was great in most other ways by the time I found out about his little addiction it was 6 months into our relationship. Compared to some men I dated he always gave me a healthy amount of space, but I never would have guessed that was why. After I realized what was going on I tried to help him, we blocked his computer and tried getting him to be more devout but he kept failing and then lying to me. It became more apparent why he wouldn’t get up to meet me at the gym in the morning, or why he would wake up late on Sundays for church. I couldn’t take it anymore.
Unfortunately I live in one of the worst cities in America. I go to Church but there are no young single guys in my church. They are either married and with their families or not coming to mass on Sundays because they aren’t devout. It is like my generation completely fell off the boat. I would have to convert to Mormonism to find a guy who is disciplined enough NOT to have gotten involved with this. And I have considered it, but I do not believe in their religion. I just admire their discipline.
With the internet so ingrained in our society I am starting to believe that almost all men are addicted to porn and I will never find a guy that I can be with.
If I was born ten years earlier I think I might have had a better chance of meeting someone, but from around my age and younger it truly seems like there are barely and good guys left. No one understand either, the few friends I have don’t see the problem with it or they ignore it. I can’t talk to my brothers about this, and my parents don’t have this issue. When I meet a guy I usually can tell this is an issue within such a short time. I have given up on looking and just feel hopeless.
This evil seems to be spreading and it just *crushes *my very soul. Despite my modest dress, I am reminded DAILY even with older men that I meet at work: To so called “men” I am not worth anything except for my body. And I am beginning to become so bitter about life anymore. I wish Jesus would come back already.
I am starting to give up on men on hope to ever find a good one. I am 25, born and raised Catholic with a great family. Since I was a young girl I have dreamed of meeting the right man. Not to brag but I am attractive, smart and I have a great job, morals and family. I have pretty much had such great influences of Catholic men that every guy I meet seems to be a mess in comparison. My last boyfriend completely crushed me with his nightly addiction to porn. While he was great in most other ways by the time I found out about his little addiction it was 6 months into our relationship. Compared to some men I dated he always gave me a healthy amount of space, but I never would have guessed that was why. After I realized what was going on I tried to help him, we blocked his computer and tried getting him to be more devout but he kept failing and then lying to me. It became more apparent why he wouldn’t get up to meet me at the gym in the morning, or why he would wake up late on Sundays for church. I couldn’t take it anymore.
Unfortunately I live in one of the worst cities in America. I go to Church but there are no young single guys in my church. They are either married and with their families or not coming to mass on Sundays because they aren’t devout. It is like my generation completely fell off the boat. I would have to convert to Mormonism to find a guy who is disciplined enough NOT to have gotten involved with this. And I have considered it, but I do not believe in their religion. I just admire their discipline.
With the internet so ingrained in our society I am starting to believe that almost all men are addicted to porn and I will never find a guy that I can be with.
If I was born ten years earlier I think I might have had a better chance of meeting someone, but from around my age and younger it truly seems like there are barely and good guys left. No one understand either, the few friends I have don’t see the problem with it or they ignore it. I can’t talk to my brothers about this, and my parents don’t have this issue. When I meet a guy I usually can tell this is an issue within such a short time. I have given up on looking and just feel hopeless.
This evil seems to be spreading and it just *crushes *my very soul. Despite my modest dress, I am reminded DAILY even with older men that I meet at work: To so called “men” I am not worth anything except for my body. And I am beginning to become so bitter about life anymore. I wish Jesus would come back already.