M
Monkciate
Guest
I’m sure by now that most of you have heard the tragic story about the young 15 year old girl who was gang raped at a high school in California. This event makes me so angry (for a number of reasons), and I feel so terrible for the young girl whose life is now shattered. All I can do is pray for her full recovery, physically, emotionally and mentally, but I wish I could just extend a loving hand to her and tell her, “You’re worth more than that!”
It’s interesting that this event was broadcast only a few days prior to Nell Scovell releasing her statements regarding the workplace environment at “Late Night” with David Letterman. In her statements, she alleges (and I think truthfully) that there are zero female writers on the “Late Night” staff and what female staff is allowed is perpetually sized-up for their the abilities in the sack and little more. So, I find it interesting (on a tragic and pathetic level) that these two news events have hit the airwaves at almost the same time since it seems to exemplify the effects of the hypersexualized culture we live in.
Some people might say that the 15 year old girl might have “been asking for it” based on the people she was hanging out with, perhaps what she was wearing, or even her body language. None of this is known, however. Based on current reports, there is no evidence supporting that she “invited” any sexual advances. Regardless, even if she had been wearing next to nothing, to be raped and to be raped and assaulted for two hours by multiples assailants is almost unforgivable.
The first thing I thought of when I read this story was Porn. This is something which you find in porn movies. There’s a wide array of porn movies which glorify gang rapes. There’s movies where people have sex with many observers. There’s movies where women are gang raped to the enjoyments of observers. And yet, while it cannot be said objectively that any of the participants had ever watched such pornographic films, the dirty stench of pornography lurks underneath.
Objectively, all we know is that she was attacked and mercilessly attacked for two hours while a bunch of horny teenagers treated her like a sack of meat.
The truth is, such evil lurks within all of us. And that frightens me. As I do suffer from a sex addiction, I can’t help but shake my head in disappointment when things like this happen to girls like her. It makes me want to kick my own occassional pornography viewing, it makes wish women would stop trying to please men by dressing in tight clothes and dressing scantily for magazine photos, and it makes me wish all of us men could get our heads out of our pants…because she’s the result, she’s effect, she’s the carnage done. I’m not saying I would ever rape anyone. No, I wouldn’t. I’m not a violent person, and I do try to respect all women. I know that my own pornography viewing isn’t any attempt to be malicious toward women, but because I’m suffering on the inside with something very large which I’m just now starting to realize and approach.
This event breaks my heart. And I’m full of anger at the guys who did this to her, and I’m angry at myself because I, in some ways, see myself as no different than them. That’s a hard, frightening admission. And I pray that God have mercy on my soul for it. And I pray that integrity of both sexes be restored.
Pray for her. Pray for me. Pray for all of us who suffer with addiction. Pray for those who have hurt others. What a sad, sad situation it all is.
It’s interesting that this event was broadcast only a few days prior to Nell Scovell releasing her statements regarding the workplace environment at “Late Night” with David Letterman. In her statements, she alleges (and I think truthfully) that there are zero female writers on the “Late Night” staff and what female staff is allowed is perpetually sized-up for their the abilities in the sack and little more. So, I find it interesting (on a tragic and pathetic level) that these two news events have hit the airwaves at almost the same time since it seems to exemplify the effects of the hypersexualized culture we live in.
Some people might say that the 15 year old girl might have “been asking for it” based on the people she was hanging out with, perhaps what she was wearing, or even her body language. None of this is known, however. Based on current reports, there is no evidence supporting that she “invited” any sexual advances. Regardless, even if she had been wearing next to nothing, to be raped and to be raped and assaulted for two hours by multiples assailants is almost unforgivable.
The first thing I thought of when I read this story was Porn. This is something which you find in porn movies. There’s a wide array of porn movies which glorify gang rapes. There’s movies where people have sex with many observers. There’s movies where women are gang raped to the enjoyments of observers. And yet, while it cannot be said objectively that any of the participants had ever watched such pornographic films, the dirty stench of pornography lurks underneath.
Objectively, all we know is that she was attacked and mercilessly attacked for two hours while a bunch of horny teenagers treated her like a sack of meat.
The truth is, such evil lurks within all of us. And that frightens me. As I do suffer from a sex addiction, I can’t help but shake my head in disappointment when things like this happen to girls like her. It makes me want to kick my own occassional pornography viewing, it makes wish women would stop trying to please men by dressing in tight clothes and dressing scantily for magazine photos, and it makes me wish all of us men could get our heads out of our pants…because she’s the result, she’s effect, she’s the carnage done. I’m not saying I would ever rape anyone. No, I wouldn’t. I’m not a violent person, and I do try to respect all women. I know that my own pornography viewing isn’t any attempt to be malicious toward women, but because I’m suffering on the inside with something very large which I’m just now starting to realize and approach.
This event breaks my heart. And I’m full of anger at the guys who did this to her, and I’m angry at myself because I, in some ways, see myself as no different than them. That’s a hard, frightening admission. And I pray that God have mercy on my soul for it. And I pray that integrity of both sexes be restored.
Pray for her. Pray for me. Pray for all of us who suffer with addiction. Pray for those who have hurt others. What a sad, sad situation it all is.