R
Randy_Carson
Guest
Joshu_b has already begun the process of correcting your errors in the post above. But with the voice of Patrick Madrid ringing in my ears, let me just say that all Catholic teaching on matters of faith and morals is found either explicitly or implicitly in scripture.Hi Randy,
Quick partial response.
No, I didn’t ask you this. Your question was based on the fact that the word of God is/was contained in more than the Scriptures. I agreed with that point, but I’m asking if your Church has any other Word of God, besides what we have in Scripture Does it?
Sigh. It is ironic you speak of Protestants alternative interpretations in the same breadth when you claim the Catholic Church teaches the material sufficiency of the Bible. This is ironic because the Catholic Church has alternative interpretations on this very point. Catholics disagree over where the Scriptures are materially sufficient or not. However, we have all your novice wannabe Catholic apologists making all kinds of dogmatic statements based on your “private interpretation”. The irony is amazing.
The rest of your post is typical of what comes across on this board. It is based on caricatures and strawmen that I have long denied or refuted. It is just rhetoric and preaching to rally the troops. It was OK initially, but now since I have corrected this misconceptions I expected they would stop, but alas they continue on. So for every Catholic reading, if I ignore your posts, it is not because it is a devastating critique, but just the opposite. It is something that doesn’t deserve an answer, because I have already answered it or it is based on caricatures and strawmen.![]()
Were you unaware of this or just ignoring it because it is not as much fun to argue against a position that you know to be true?
If you find that Catholics have some variations in their understandings then I only ask you to consider that despite their differences on some issues, they all still tend to orbit VERY closely about the Son in comparison to the whole of Protestantism which is truly cut adrift.
Should we ignore you simply because most of what you post is just “typical of what comes across on this board” from every Protestant-come-lately who has just read Lorraine Boettner or James White and feels he has a thing or two to teach us Papists?
If all I did was “rally the troops”, then I am damn proud to have done so! If I spoke a word or two that resonated with you, I’ll probably never know.