F
Fraz94
Guest
Hi everyone,
I hope I will explain well.
I am a devout Roman Catholic, faithful to the Pope and to the Church in Rome- I love our Roman traditions and statues, images and devotions etc. I go to Mass every day and I work in a Parish yet I also have a great weakness, love and admiration of Eastern Practices.
I have a Greek Orthodox friend, who I used to go to Liturgy with very often (as well as my Sunday Mass, on a Saturday evening in the RC Church) and I have spent time in Romania doing charity work where on Sundays I went to the Orthodox Church as there was no Catholic Church where I was. Although I am RC I have this great love and attraction/ weakness for Orthodoxy- I have uploaded in another post a picture of my home altar which is a combination of Russian, Greek & Romanian icons mixed with Catholic images and statues from all over the world (although in the picture mainly focuses on my Roman devotions) which I have collected over time.
I don’t feel “torn” between the two but I was wondering if there were any other people who had experienced this? I don’t want to leave the Roman Rite or anything like that as I know some people might misunderstand me, but when I was offered the chance to move to Romania I was tempted and I know that had I gone there would have been so hard to stay “Roman” in a country that is so devoted to the Sacraments and the Divine Liturgy, although Orthodox. There are no Eastern Rite (in Communion with Rome) options where I live.
I have devotion to many Orthodox Saints and do not feel anything wrong in doing so, I love the Russian Orthodox Romanov Martyrs as I have a family connection to them in the sense that my grandmother was a servant girl to the Tzar’s sister in exile and I loved to hear about them, also the Greek St. Nektarios (of whom I have a relic) who is honoured in the Eastern Catholic Church. When I was in Romania I felt no problem crossing myself in the Orthodox style and was told I do it like a Greek.
I really cannot abide Protestantism and although I love my brothers and sisters as Christ taught me to but I hate Protestantism and its ideology yet love Orthodoxy- Catholic and Apostolic East and West.
I hope that you will join me in praying for greater unity- for our Pope Francis and for His All Holiness Patriarch Bartholomew.
I just really wanted to know if there are any Catholics who have lived in Orthodox countries, had Orthodox connections/experiences and feel the same way I do? I love the Roman Church and would die for her- I love the Traditional Roman liturgy in Latin and all the Traditional Roman Practices which are not practiced so much today (sadly but I am not complaining) I would love to hear from any Romans who are very comfortable with Eastern Worship and its beautiful traditional liturgies, way of life, icons, practices etc. if there are others in the “same boat” as I?
I hope I will explain well.
I am a devout Roman Catholic, faithful to the Pope and to the Church in Rome- I love our Roman traditions and statues, images and devotions etc. I go to Mass every day and I work in a Parish yet I also have a great weakness, love and admiration of Eastern Practices.
I have a Greek Orthodox friend, who I used to go to Liturgy with very often (as well as my Sunday Mass, on a Saturday evening in the RC Church) and I have spent time in Romania doing charity work where on Sundays I went to the Orthodox Church as there was no Catholic Church where I was. Although I am RC I have this great love and attraction/ weakness for Orthodoxy- I have uploaded in another post a picture of my home altar which is a combination of Russian, Greek & Romanian icons mixed with Catholic images and statues from all over the world (although in the picture mainly focuses on my Roman devotions) which I have collected over time.
I don’t feel “torn” between the two but I was wondering if there were any other people who had experienced this? I don’t want to leave the Roman Rite or anything like that as I know some people might misunderstand me, but when I was offered the chance to move to Romania I was tempted and I know that had I gone there would have been so hard to stay “Roman” in a country that is so devoted to the Sacraments and the Divine Liturgy, although Orthodox. There are no Eastern Rite (in Communion with Rome) options where I live.
I have devotion to many Orthodox Saints and do not feel anything wrong in doing so, I love the Russian Orthodox Romanov Martyrs as I have a family connection to them in the sense that my grandmother was a servant girl to the Tzar’s sister in exile and I loved to hear about them, also the Greek St. Nektarios (of whom I have a relic) who is honoured in the Eastern Catholic Church. When I was in Romania I felt no problem crossing myself in the Orthodox style and was told I do it like a Greek.
I really cannot abide Protestantism and although I love my brothers and sisters as Christ taught me to but I hate Protestantism and its ideology yet love Orthodoxy- Catholic and Apostolic East and West.
I hope that you will join me in praying for greater unity- for our Pope Francis and for His All Holiness Patriarch Bartholomew.
I just really wanted to know if there are any Catholics who have lived in Orthodox countries, had Orthodox connections/experiences and feel the same way I do? I love the Roman Church and would die for her- I love the Traditional Roman liturgy in Latin and all the Traditional Roman Practices which are not practiced so much today (sadly but I am not complaining) I would love to hear from any Romans who are very comfortable with Eastern Worship and its beautiful traditional liturgies, way of life, icons, practices etc. if there are others in the “same boat” as I?