A rushed confession?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Theresalux
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Theresalux

Guest
I had a bit of a rushed confession today. Went into the confessional and Father said “go quick”, because he had mass to get to. I quickly went through my list but had one that needed a little explanation. I had typed it up on my phone and intended to go through what I typed and explain a bit, but because he asked me to go quick, I rambled through it quickly so he could get to mass. I stumbled on my words a bit and I feel like I could have articulated myself a bit better had I more time. He commented briefly on what I had said and that made me feel better that he kinda got some of it, but I wish I had more time to talk. Does this have any impact on the confession? Or am I good to go because Father went ahead and said the prayer of absolution without further questioning what I had said?
 
Last edited:
No, your confession was valid. And explanation is not necessary. Speaking plainly is more helpful, in terms both of saving time and in not dwelling on the details, which could cause you further worry.

Given this and your posting history, it is probable that you suffer from scrupulosity. You should refrain from asking these kinds of questions online and instead speak to a priest about receiving some direction for properly forming your conscience.

You are in my prayers.

-Fr ACEGC
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top