A Sin to Entertain Conspiracy Theories

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Kooper_513
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr_Kooper_513

Guest
Is it necessarily a sin to believe that some conspiracy theories are possibly true? If it is not necessarily a sin at what point can it become a sin?
 
Is it necessarily a sin to believe that some conspiracy theories are possibly true? If it is not necessarily a sin at what point can it become a sin?
I haven’t found any conspiracy theories entertaining enough lately to reciprocate. . .😃
 
It’s not a sin…unless it’s something you become totally obsessed with…do you have a specific conspiracy theory in mind.
 
Last time I posted a question like this my thread got locked quick, like flies to dong.😦
 
It’s not a sin…unless it’s something you become totally obsessed with…do you have a specific conspiracy theory in mind.
In the past I was obsessed with them. Now I just loosely think that a lot of them are very possibly true. The political season gets me in the mindset of thinking of them.

I don’t have anything in particular in mind. I guess I am just concerned that it is thinking the worst of people and possibly a form of gossip if I were to repeat what I believe might be true.
 
In the past I was obsessed with them. Now I just loosely think that a lot of them are very possibly true. The political season gets me in the mindset of thinking of them.

I don’t have anything in particular in mind. I guess I am just concerned that it is thinking the worst of people and possibly a form of gossip if I were to repeat what I believe might be true.
I think that it’s possible that many things that people see as “Conspiracy Theories” are true. For example the “New World Order” idea - that a small number of the worlds richest and most influential people are pulling strings to control population and attempt to bring about a “world government”.

It is theoretically possible that such a group exists - although it’s highly unlikely that a world govt would actually come about.
 
Is it necessarily a sin to believe that some conspiracy theories are possibly true? If it is not necessarily a sin at what point can it become a sin?
Some conspiracy theories are true and some secrets are hidden, only to be revealed long after the actual event. This requires thorough and patient research. In a few cases, when such information becomes available, it is often little publicized or ignored simply by labeling it a “conspiracy theory.” I have not let that term hinder my own research.

In your case, if you have a reason to believe a certain theory is true then you are not committing a sin. Perhaps you, and others, could do your own research. You may be surprised by what you can learn.

Peace,
Ed
 
Conspiracy Theories are invented by Governments to distract us from what they’re really up to…
 
Not necessarily. First because there HAVE been conspiracies (for some reason the Bolshevik Revolution comes to mind). Ignoring things like that might be like being an ostrich, particularly if your job was to spot trouble (like a policeman say).

Could it be a sin? I suppose being overly suspicious and then bearing false witness about something or someone would do that.

Some of those theories can be entertaining or thrilling to listen to and speculate about, even
when the consequences (if they were true) would be terrible (and if the theories were false) would range from a waste of time to needlessly having a bad spirit toward an innocent party.

It might be in the category of reading a murder mystery novel. It is not an automatic sin but one might put one’s soul in a “near occasion of sin” by rooting for revenge in excess of justice or rooting for the criminal to get away with a crime because of who they’ve stolen from or killed, etc.

This is food for thought. My quick answer was ‘no’ but with qualifications that moves to “maybe” which I suppose means, sometimes “yes.” Have I left a possibility uncovered? Lol. :newidea: - I shouldda gone into politics!
 
Not necessarily. First because there HAVE been conspiracies (for some reason the Bolshevik Revolution comes to mind). Ignoring things like that might be like being an ostrich, particularly if your job was to spot trouble (like a policeman say).

Could it be a sin? I suppose being overly suspicious and then bearing false witness about something or someone would do that.

Some of those theories can be entertaining or thrilling to listen to and speculate about, even
when the consequences (if they were true) would be terrible (and if the theories were false) would range from a waste of time to needlessly having a bad spirit toward an innocent party.

It might be in the category of reading a murder mystery novel. It is not an automatic sin but one might put one’s soul in a “near occasion of sin” by rooting for revenge in excess of justice or rooting for the criminal to get away with a crime because of who they’ve stolen from or killed, etc.

This is food for thought. My quick answer was ‘no’ but with qualifications that moves to “maybe” which I suppose means, sometimes “yes.” Have I left a possibility uncovered? Lol. :newidea: - I shouldda gone into politics!
ha. Thanks for these answers.

CaptFun, this is pretty much where I am at. I think a lot of stuff may be true and at one point I was unhealthy with it. At this point I feel like Satan is the “god of this world” and I should not be surprised by evidence that only seems to confirm it. At the same time it does not change my mission to love and serve Jesus, my family, my neighbors (or even my enemies!).
 
In general it is not a sin to believe in conspiracy theories. As with most things it becomes a sin when it distracts you from your duties and obligations.

I’m someone who is fond of conspiracy theories. And I would say in part because they are often true. Conspiracy theory is a derogatory term. But the fact is throughout the US many men sit in prison charged with conspiracy. And by this the justice system means the same thing as conspiracy in conspiracy theory. The state means that the men secretly engaged in a plot with others to achieve some nefarious end. So conspiracy theories are most certainly a part of the world. In fact the official account of September 11th is a conspiracy theory. The problem with some conspiracy theories is that they lack facts. The problem with all conspiracy theories is that we can never truly know what motivates a person. Sometimes a conspiracy theory is based on insufficient facts and wild assertions about unprovable motive. They can be somewhat entertaining but they become dangerous when you start to think you really know what or why something happened. And I would add that most people are too trusty of unreliable sources. The nightly news is probably full of more bogus information than many conspiracy books. I like what Jefferson said: ‘the man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers’.
 
Conspiracy Theories are invented by Governments to distract us from what they’re really up to…
ROFL!

governments are made up of people. Not very smart people. The really smart people work for the private sector where the big money is.

governments would like you to think they are really smart people but that’s just wishful thinking on their part.
 
Certainly, some are okay to entertain. Example: Freemasonry. There is a very good reason that the Church considers Freemasonry and Catholicism to be mutually exclusive. So, if it were a sin…

😉
 
If you began to falsely accuse someone of being involved in said theory you are entertaining, that crosses the line. But as the others said, to entertain them casually is not a sin.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top