A small eBay update

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dr.Colossus
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dr.Colossus

Guest
As I said on a previous thread, I had emailed eBay asking where I could find the new posting guidelines which prohibited sale of the Eucharist. They didn’t ignore me (a good sign), and gave me this response:
Hello,

Thanks for keeping in touch with us on this matter. My name is Del, andI’m happy to continue our correspondence on behalf of Bill Cobb.

Although the new listing guidelines for the sale of items of this nature are currently in effect and are being enforced, the update to our policy pages has not yet occurred. Please understand that we are constantly in the process of updating and revising our policies to best reflect the needs of our community. At times, this may mean that we make the decision to prohibit a certain type of item, and begin to remove any such auctions before our on-site policy is updated.

Please be assured that as this is a fairly significant change in policy, there will be an update to our pages in the near future. You can keep an eye on our policies for recent revisions by visiting the following page:

pages.ebay.com/help/policies/ia/prohibited_and_restricted_items.html

I appreciate the opportunity to speak with you today. Please feel free to contact us at any time at moreinfo@ebay.com if we can be of any additional assistance. On behalf of Mr. Cobb, I thank you kindly for taking the time to write in, and I wish you the best of luck in future trading.

Regards,

Del on behalf of Bill Cobb
President
eBay North America
 
I am very pleased to read this.
I would like to shop at ebay again, but am holding out until there is an updated prohibited items list, and they have a spokesman come out publically to announce that the Eucharist is forbidden on Ebay.
They could make an appearence on FOX News too, then I will reopen a new account. I closed my old one.
 
40.png
ridesawhitehors:
I am very pleased to read this.
I would like to shop at ebay again, but am holding out until there is an updated prohibited items list, and they have a spokesman come out publically to announce that the Eucharist is forbidden on Ebay.
They could make an appearence on FOX News too, then I will reopen a new account. I closed my old one.
I’ll keep looking to see when they update their selling policies, and post here when they do. That’s enough for me. I don’t blame them if they’d rather not draw any more attention to this. I’m just glad they finally relented.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top