A Switch in Devils (America No Longer the Devil)

• Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gilliam

“Virtually no one in Washington expected such a snowballing of events following Iraq’s elections,” recently explained the deputy editorial editor of the Washington Post, Jackson Diehl.

Said another way, virtually no one in Establishment D.C. expected things would snowball the way Bush had predicted. Still, reports Diehl, the evidence is obvious: “Less than two years after Saddam Hussein was deposed, the fact is that Arabs are marching for freedom and shouting slogans against tyrants in the streets of Beirut and Cairo–and regimes that have endured for decades are visibly tottering. Those who claimed that U.S. intervention could never produce such events have reason to reconsider.”

taemag.com/issues/articleID.18484/article_detail.asp

also see:

Bush foes concede Iraq policy benefits

gilliam,
You seem to know a lot about the middle east and the problems there. You also sound interested in the area. I am more interested than most Americans because my son-in-law is from Lebanon and his father still lives there. Have you read ‘Pity the Nation’ by Robert Fisk? I am reading it now and find it very interesting and an he does an excellent job of unbiased reporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back