M
mwscott
Guest
(Really its an “under-vestment” question…)
Msgr. Gänswein (the pope’s personal secretary) is a Prelate of His Holiness. Thus, his ecclesial dress is a black cassock with red trim and a purple sash. His choir dress is a purple cassock. I assume then that he would wear a purple cassock under his alb when vesting for Mass. However, in this picture it seems that the color under his alb (seen through the lace) is red.
I seem to remember reading once about inserts in the sleeves of an alb but I was reading the article for a specific reason and I must have ignored it and not researched it further.
Why is he wearing red and is this his cassock I see or something else?
Msgr. Gänswein (the pope’s personal secretary) is a Prelate of His Holiness. Thus, his ecclesial dress is a black cassock with red trim and a purple sash. His choir dress is a purple cassock. I assume then that he would wear a purple cassock under his alb when vesting for Mass. However, in this picture it seems that the color under his alb (seen through the lace) is red.
I seem to remember reading once about inserts in the sleeves of an alb but I was reading the article for a specific reason and I must have ignored it and not researched it further.
Why is he wearing red and is this his cassock I see or something else?