A wedding invitation

• Thread starter Thread starter PeacefulWaters
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PeacefulWaters

I received a wedding invitation to a gay wedding the other day. At first I was completely confused, as my state does not allow this. After looking more closely at this invitation, I noticed that the wedding was to take place in the State of Massachusetts and the reception was here. How can this be? I thought that you had to be a legal resident of the State of Massachusetts in order to obtain a legal marriage license? Are they also requiring blood tests?

Does anyone live in the State of Massachusetts that can answer this…or does anyone know?

Although I truly love this person in my heart, I can not attend the wedding nor the reception as I can not give my approval to this. By attending either would be saying I support this marriage…and I don’t.

40.png
PeacefulWaters:
I received a wedding invitation to a gay wedding the other day. At first I was completely confused, as my state does not allow this. After looking more closely at this invitation, I noticed that the wedding was to take place in the State of Massachusetts and the reception was here. How can this be? I thought that you had to be a legal resident of the State of Massachusetts in order to obtain a legal marriage license? Are they also requiring blood tests?

Does anyone live in the State of Massachusetts that can answer this…or does anyone know?

Although I truly love this person in my heart, I can not attend the wedding nor the reception as I can not give my approval to this. By attending either would be saying I support this marriage…and I don’t.
Just wanted to let you know that I will be praying for you, and you might consider asking a Priest to offer a mass for them that they will come to know the true love of God and turn from this lifestyle.

God Bless

I am truly starting to believe that the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is a hellmouth. And I’m only being slightly wry when I make that statement.

I don’t know the answer to your question, but wanted to express my support, for what it’s worth. It would be wrong to go to this wedding and reception, wrong to send a gift or card – anything that somehow lends credence and/or your tacit approval to the evil of homosexual “marriage.”

But since you love the person while hating the sin, pray like mad for the conversion of your loved one and the other member of this couple.

The idea of having a Mass offered is a really good one. Maybe more than one.

About 20 years ago, I was in a similar situation. I was invited to a wedding of a Jewish man I knew from college. I knew he had had a homosexual relationship with another student I knew. Yet he was marrying a Catholic woman in a Catholic church. I was very upset that this young woman may not have known about his homosexual past. I felt very upset that I knew something that she might not have known. Yet I did not feel I could or should address the issue with the bride, as I didn’t know her at all. (I also was not particularly close to the groom, and was surprised by the invitation.) Everybody I talked to told me that I was totally silly not to go to the wedding but I felt it would be morally wrong. I met up with this fellow just this year through mutual friends. He is now divorced, father of a teenage daughter, and a very open homosexual. I feared then and felt events confirmed that he was “using” this woman. Any reaction to what I did or didn’t do?

La Chiara
Hind site is easy. At the time, based on the facts you had, you made a decision in good faith. That was the best you could do. Be at peace.

Perhaps this brief encounter with the gentleman recently is God’s way of asking you to remember him and his family in your prayers.

“Peace I leave with you. My peace I give you.”

pat

I am a Massachusetts resident and can tell you “homosexual marriage” in MA is only open to resident, but that many of those performing the “marriages” are ignoring the law. The govenor is threatening legal action, but I don’t know if anything will actually happen.

Thank you Mary and srkbdk for your support and prayers.

La Chiara
Hind site is easy. At the time, based on the facts you had, you made a decision in good faith. That was the best you could do. Be at peace.

I agree, you did what you thought was best and I would have done the same under those circumstances.

40.png
MikeL:
I am a Massachusetts resident and can tell you “homosexual marriage” in MA is only open to resident, but that many of those performing the “marriages” are ignoring the law. The govenor is threatening legal action, but I don’t know if anything will actually happen.
I know that the governor will not be popular either way this goes. I will be praying for him as this will be tough. Let’s hope that he willing to stand up to the opposition for what’s right. I talked to my mom and she told me that after talking to the “bride”, that they were able to find a “legal” way of getting married in Massachusetts without being residents. sigh…not sure what they did, but I am praying about this.

Indulge me on this one, but let me preface this with I don’t see black helicopters circling the neighborhood.

I don’t think that it was a coincidence that the ‘liberal Boston press’ broke the clergy sexual abuse when it did. Now I am in no way denying that abuse, for the most part homosexual relations with teenage boys, did not happen. I just question the timing of bringing up the story, many, perhaps even most of the occurrences happened decades ago. It appears as though this was an attempt, a very good one at that, to silence the one moral voice in Massachusetts that could object to this so called “gay marriage”. The press is playing the part of a propaganda arm of the homosexual cause.

Maybe this post was more appropriate on another thread, but I had to get this off my chest.
😦

On the invitation check “will not attend” and as your gift send them a Catholic book dealing with the beauty of God’s plan for sexual act.

Bud Stewart:
Indulge me on this one, but let me preface this with I don’t see black helicopters circling the neighborhood.

I don’t think that it was a coincidence that the ‘liberal Boston press’ broke the clergy sexual abuse when it did. Now I am in no way denying that abuse, for the most part homosexual relations with teenage boys, did not happen. I just question the timing of bringing up the story, many, perhaps even most of the occurrences happened decades ago. It appears as though this was an attempt, a very good one at that, to silence the one moral voice in Massachusetts that could object to this so called “gay marriage”. The press is playing the part of a propaganda arm of the homosexual cause.

Maybe this post was more appropriate on another thread, but I had to get this off my chest.
😦
Ahhh… and a light bulb in my little head turns on.

I wonder what St. Paul would write to the church of Massachusets(SP).😦 The only Mass I walked out of was in Boston years ago. The priest was openly endorsing homosexuality from the pulpit. I think there is an homosexual evil presence at work in that geographic region.

40.png
PeacefulWaters:

Hey there… I will be in prayer for your friend…b/c i do not support gay marrriages… it isnt right…😦

It will be a pain in the butt if they want a divorce, they will have to come back to Massachusetts.

40.png
PeacefulWaters:
This is the correct attitude. I also knew someone that was planning this type of event and wanted me involved. I expressed my love for that person but declined because I felt I can not support this since it conflicts with my core beliefs. God Bless You.

It seems pretty obvious that if you don’t feel comfortable attending, you don’t. You don’t need to rub their noses in it; a simple, I won’t be able to be there, is all that is called for.

If they ask you specifically why, you can then decide what to say and be aware it might end the friendship. Do you want to burn bridges with someone you might want to reach out to (or who may want to reach out to you) in the future?

I know how you feel. I was invited to a ***WICCA :eek: *** wedding by a work pal a few years ago. After I got over the shock, I said I wouldn’t be able to attend and left it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back