• Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rayne89

Please read new article from link
detnews.com/2005/metro/0501/05/A01-50709.htm

Excerpts
*Macomb County Prosecutor Eric Smith said his hands were tied when it came time to decide whom to charge in the baseball bat beating death of a fetus being carried by a teenage girl. *

He decided Tuesday to do the only thing one state statute allowed: charge the boyfriend who wielded the bat, hitting his girlfriend in the stomach repeatedly over a two-week period, but let the girl off the hook, uncharged.

…Miranda Massie, a Detroit civil rights attorney, believes neither teen should be charged. “My heart went out to these poor kids,” Massie said. "I believe it is a terrible mistake to be charged at all. This is a tremendous waste of public resources.

40.png
rayne89:
Please read new article from link
detnews.com/2005/metro/0501/05/A01-50709.htm

Excerpts
*Macomb County Prosecutor Eric Smith said his hands were tied when it came time to decide whom to charge in the baseball bat beating death of a fetus being carried by a teenage girl. *

He decided Tuesday to do the only thing one state statute allowed: charge the boyfriend who wielded the bat, hitting his girlfriend in the stomach repeatedly over a two-week period, but let the girl off the hook, uncharged.

…Miranda Massie, a Detroit civil rights attorney, believes neither teen should be charged. “My heart went out to these poor kids,” Massie said. "I believe it is a terrible mistake to be charged at all. This is a tremendous waste of public resources.
Miranda Massie is a civil rights attorney for who?! What a warped sense of morality.

This makes me ill too! Notice the planned parenthood comments:mad: There was a safer way to KILL the baby! Why doesn’t she just say it? I have no patience for their evil agenda and fluffing up lies to make them appear honorable.Furthermore,they should be charged with spreading a mindset among youth that would have them feel this kind of thing is acceptable:banghead: God Bless

It really is sad when you think about how far we have fallen. My grandmother was telling me this story today and kept referring to the 16 year olds as good kids…???

God bless,
Trevor

freep.com/voices/letters/efetus20_20041120.htm

This is from another paper about the same story

*Such a great tragedy in Armada for the two young teens (“Buried fetus 6 months along, medical examiner says”). The prosecutors are trying to make political hay, and the media are creating ugly scandal. There is no compassion or Christian empathy in any of this. The so-called Christian right pursues punishment rather than prevention. Good sense goes out the window. **We need better sex education, and information about Planned Parenthood and the counseling available to women, young and old, about pregnancy. The law about parental consent needs to be changed. Demagogues in positions of power in the churches and politics need to clean up their act. *

Let’s think about this through the dark lens of our culture.

Abortion is legal and it often lifted-up as a near sacred act of freedom in this nation.

Therefore,

Wasn’t the teenage boy simply aborting the child? The girl asked to have her baby killed, it was her personal choice, so the boy heroically helped her–correct?

Hey, if the girls had go to the abortion clinic the baby would not be more dead! (:

rayne89 said:

*Such a great tragedy in Armada for the two young teens (“Buried fetus 6 months along, medical examiner says”). The prosecutors are trying to make political hay, and the media are creating ugly scandal. There is no compassion or Christian empathy in any of this. The so-called Christian right pursues punishment rather than prevention. Good sense goes out the window. **We need better sex education, and information about Planned Parenthood and the counseling available to women, young and old, about pregnancy. The law about parental consent needs to be changed. Demagogues in positions of power in the churches and politics need to clean up their act. *

I must be thick but someone needs to explain to me exactly what “better sex education” entails and how it would prevent a situation of this nature. I also need further clarification about what “more information about Planned Parenthood” would include. Don’t all young people have access to the Yellow Pages as well as Directory Assistance? Thirty years ago, they visited my high school so I have to believe that they have an even greater presence in the public schools now.

Were these particular “kids” enrolled in “abstinence-only” programs that failed? Is that what has prompted these remarkes about the “so-called Christian right”? What “counseling available to women, young and old, about pregnancy” should have been offered that wasn’t? (Do “old” women actually need counseling on pregnancy or would that be a collosal waste of taxpayer money?)

I would also like to know what positions of power these demagogues in churches actually have since we have a very defined separation of church and state.

The bottom line is that the leftist progressives can’t handle the overwhelming evidence that reveals uneqivocably the fact that their social engineering has failed miserably. They have to blame someone, certainly not themselves, so they blame people of faith, common sense and traditional values.

Sad. Pathetic. True.

rayne89 said:

So in effect they are saying that that planned parenthood could have killed the baby more effectively than the baseball bat!:mad: Then the poor young man would not be in trouble:banghead: A Doctor could do it(and get paid)and everything would have been fine:rolleyes: The parental consent laws need to be changed:mad: They don’t know when to stop,do they?Plannedparenthood,needs to be put in jail for creating such a mentality among youth!Schools can’t give out aspirin without a parents consent and they want teens to get surgery that kills children without parental consent!Makes since to me,NOT!

So, had they beat the child to death immediately after birth, then they would not be “good kids” and been charged with murder?
Twisted, twisted morality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back