Abortion pill posted on a mother message board

  • Thread starter Thread starter eann
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eann

Guest
I’m not sure where to post this. Wondering if I just leave this be or respond.

I frequent a popular message board for moms. Someone posted a thread with topic “I just did it” and the post was pictures of pills and the poster explained how she couldn’t deal with the father of her unborn child for 18 years, and she took one dose already, then I stopped reading.

I flagged the post and said it was upsetting to view someone aborting their child on a message board about motherhood.

The group owner replied that the post got removed because that member was banned, “but for the future, if this was a true member, this thread would not have been a violation of the TOS (terms of service) and would have been allowed to stay. If something upsets you, just scroll on by. Thank you.”

Do I respond back or just let this go. I’m disgusted.
 
Sad it is. The owner of the board has the right to set the terms for participation, however. You can choose to leave the board, respond to individual posters. If you really think there was a violation in their TOS, you could reply, but that doesn’t sound like the case.
 
Great response - I’d also add that I’m wondering the subforum or forum in which the post appeared. Even if the woman is rabidly pro-choice, it’s completely insensitive to post it where it would receive a lot of visibility not just from pro-lifers, but from women who’ve experienced infertility and perinatal loss.

It’s weird that she crowd-sourced her abortion. Or felt the need to seek validation for it from faceless strangers. The Internet can be a depressing place.

@eann definitely pray for this woman and her dead unborn child. Those abortion pills can produce an excruciating pain that never seems to end, and she’s clearly got a lot pain elsewhere in her life.
 
Maybe, hopefully, it was a made up story for attention. The anonymity of the Internet emboldens some to troll that way
 
I wouldn’t reply to the moderator. But if you see a post like that again, I’d encourage the poster to stop the pills and seek help, reminding her of other options she has. Don’t those pills require a few doses? I’d encourage the poster to not take another dose and see a doctor for help!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top