Abortion question- How to respond

  • Thread starter Thread starter Prolife_Nurse
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to think that if a woman wanted to, she should be able to get an abortion.

Then, when I was studying at a local college three years ago, a friend of mine, who was in her mid-20s like me, fell pregnant. She was one of the types who proudly proclaimed herself to be Catholic yet did not live it. She loved flirting and one of her encounters led to her pregnancy.

I wanted to give her help and advice (and to find out what happened) so I looked up abortion on the internet. It was those pictures of aborted babies that made me realize that even a young baby in the womb is clearly human (rather than the ‘ball of cells’ etc that’s usually said). I found the images sickening and shocking and that is when I changed my mind about abortion.
 
but she tries to change the subject a lot by talking about rape situations and other scenarios. I must admit I’m unsure how to proceed at that point.
This is the face of rape:

rebeccakiessling.com/index.html

Perhaps if your friend sees the person who otherwise would not be here if her mother choose death for her baby instead of life regardless of how the baby was conceived; by rape, a date, consummated marriage.

Also, I may not have the exact statistic on pregnancies conceived by rape, but I have heard its 4% of the total abortions performed in a year, so its not that many.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top