Abortion req. parental CONSENT in Texas!

  • Thread starter Thread starter alyssa
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alyssa

Guest
guardian.co.uk/uslatest/story/0,1282,-5055102,00.html

Gov. Rick Perry put his signature to legislation restricting abortions and added his backing to a measure barring same-sex marriage.
Perry signed a bill Sunday requiring girls under the age of 18 to get their parents’ consent before having an abortion and also imposes more limits on late-term abortions.

Texas already had a parental notification bill, approved in 1999. The new measure requires a parent to provide written consent for unmarried girls under 18. The bill also restricts doctors from performing abortions on women who have carried a child for more than 26 weeks unless having the baby would jeopardize the woman’s life or the baby has serious brain damage.
 
Wow Gov. Perry actually did something positive!!! 😉

I am very happy about this. I remember when i was in high school that i was blown away that at 16yrs I need my parents permission to get a library card at the harris county library BUT I could go have an abortion and never have to ask my parents. Blew my mind that a child’s life wasn’t as important to the government as a copy of Harry Potter not getting returned…

God Bless,
Beckers
 
Still not good…there’s always that ‘unless’ …a loophole to allow abortion for any reason.:nope:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top