About Purgatory

  • Thread starter Thread starter goforgoal
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
My dear friend

Thanks for posting that. We would do well to do the devotion St Bridget received, especially if we not only want to avoid purgatory but to get 3 family members to heaven.
I don’t see purgatory as a punishment. I think it is simply a terrible burning desire we have to be with God, but we can’t and know this when we see ourselves as we are - imperfect and stained with sin. I would think we will be very grateful for the suffering when we know this fierce burning desire for God is perfecting us so we can behold God and enjoy the bliss of Heaven. I like the scripture quote - before you can enter the kingdom of heaven you must be perfect as your heavenly father is perfect.
That’s a tall order. We can do our purgatory here in a myriad of ways. We are wise to do this too. But if we fail to purge ourselves or be purged we can be grateful to the mercy of God for giving us a place we can be cleansed and made fit for heaven.
Our Blessed Mother often visits these poor souls and takes many to heaven with her. Be devoted to her and you could find your passage in purgatory a lot less painful than you think. God bless all:)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top