Abstain from Communion?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tdmavens
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tdmavens

Guest
I went to confession today to confess a mortal sin, as well as to confess another sin I had forgotten to confess at my last confession (but later remembered). When I got in “line,” there was about 15 minutes left in the scheduled time that confessions were being heard. Unfortunately, the scheduled time ran out while I was standing in line (there were also three other penitents still in line), and the priest left the confessional to prepare for the vigil. We were all just left standing there. Needless to say, I didn’t get to confess my sins.

My conscience is telling me that I should not to go up for Communion tomorrow morning at Mass. Is this correct?

Thank you for your help.
 
Your well-formed conscience is telling you to do the right thing.

Perhaps you can catch a priest for confession before Mass.

Betsy
 
Yes, you should abstain until you can confess and be absolved. [edited] 🙂
 
Yes, you should abstain until you can confess and be absolved. Ask the priest for a blessing instead and make an appointment for Confession as soon as you can. 🙂
Well, you should not go up in the Communion line and ask for a blessing, this practice is one that officially has been told to end.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top