I don’t think anyone on this thread really gets the OP’s dilemma. I’ve been in the same boat. It’s all fine and well if both spouses understand and accept Church teaching. What if your spouse not only refuses to agree to NFP but refuses to even investigate it? A hundred CAFers saying “but she has to discuss NFP” won’t change that. That’s where I’ve been and it sounds like that’s where the OP is.
It is truly between a rock and a hard place. Option 1) engage in illicit relations with your spouse and sin. Option 2) refuse illicit relations with your spouse and risk divorce and potential trauma to any children.
It sounds like she’s going to have to be if you want to be obedient to the church. Neither of you are free to use BC, obviously. I’m curious why she refuses to use any methods for herself since she clearly has no objection to it’s use and she knows that being obedient actually matters to you. Unfortunately there is no way around this problem. I very sorry you have to go through this.
DISCLAIMER: Catholic Answers has turned over the archive to Catholic-Questions.org and no longer owns, manages, or moderates the forums. For additional apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.