• Thread starter Thread starter stumbler
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stumbler

Mon Mar 28, 2005
2:26 PM GMT

TOKYO (Reuters) - Expecting no more than light chit-chat about ballroom dancing, reporters in Tokyo were startled when actor Richard Gere launched into a condemnation of Europe’s plans to lift an arms embargo against China.

After promoting his new film “Shall We Dance?”, in which he co-stars with Jennifer Lopez, Gere grabbed a microphone to denounce plans by the European Union to lift the embargo imposed after China’s bloody crackdown on pro-democracy protests in 1989.

“I so agree with your prime minister that the European Union should not remove the ban against selling arms to China,” he said. “I agree with him totally.” …

today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=worldNews&storyID=2005-03-28T132550Z_01_HOL848274_RTRUKOC_0_CHINA-GERE.xml

I note without surprise that Reuters’ headline leaves one with an impression opposite of the story’s content. :rolleyes:

40.png
stumbler:
I note without surprise that Reuters’ headline leaves one with an impression opposite of the story’s content. :rolleyes:
I wonder if Reuters will be looking for someone who is good at writing headlines. I think I’ll send in my resume. :bounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back