C
Cruxis117
Guest
I was asked about this verse. Someone said that this verse means that God does not want all people to be saved, contrary to 1 Timothy 2:4. Can anyone help me interpret this?
CruxisI was asked about this verse. Someone said that this verse means that God does not want all people to be saved, contrary to 1 Timothy 2:4. Can anyone help me interpret this?
As the posters above have said this has nothing to do with God being unwilling to save certain people, it simply illustrates how Paul, following the guidance of the Holy Spirit was faithfully following his appointed task where it was to be undertaken. some people are called to be teachers, some are called to work in service to the poor, etc. though not mutually exclusive, each is a distinct role and in this passage it was Paul’s role not to preach in Asia but elsewhere. Clearly evangelization was done in Asia as well, (by St. Thomas I believe) so I don’t understand how someone could say that God didn’t want to save those in asia or something of that sort.I was asked about this verse. Someone said that this verse means that God does not want all people to be saved, contrary to 1 Timothy 2:4. Can anyone help me interpret this?
D-R Bible, Haydock Commentary:I was asked about this verse. Someone said that this verse means that God does not want all people to be saved, contrary to 1 Timothy 2:4. Can anyone help me interpret this?