J
jheid
Guest
Hey everyone:
I’ve stumbled on two verses that I need some help figuring out. The first is Acts 17:24: “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands.” The context, as you may know, is Paul’s speech to the athenians on the areopagus (I actually live in Athens). I’ve read the “was paul anti-catholic” tract but I still am having trouble reconciling this with catholic teaching on the real presence.
The second is st stephen’s quote before martyrdom: acts 7:48-49: yet the most High dwells not in houses made by hands, as the prophet says: Heaven is my throne and the earth my footstool. What house will you build me (says the Lord)? Or what is the place of my resting?
Some insight would be more than greatly appreciated.
I’ve stumbled on two verses that I need some help figuring out. The first is Acts 17:24: “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands.” The context, as you may know, is Paul’s speech to the athenians on the areopagus (I actually live in Athens). I’ve read the “was paul anti-catholic” tract but I still am having trouble reconciling this with catholic teaching on the real presence.
The second is st stephen’s quote before martyrdom: acts 7:48-49: yet the most High dwells not in houses made by hands, as the prophet says: Heaven is my throne and the earth my footstool. What house will you build me (says the Lord)? Or what is the place of my resting?
Some insight would be more than greatly appreciated.