Acts Chapter 13

  • Thread starter Thread starter Big_Ro
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Big_Ro

Guest
In this passage, it says that Paul motioned with his hand as he got up to preach in the synagouge. What was the motion? Was he making the sign of the cross? Was it some motion that is part of Jewish tradition or ritual that I am unaware considering I’m a cradle Catholic?
 
Interesting question.

It was common practice in the synogogue to invite visitors to speak. I"m guessing here but I would imagine that he was simply hushing the crowd.

-Tim-
 
Raising the roof 👍

I’d like to think that he was raising a paten with a wafer of unleavened bread baked at the local monastery in it while Barnabas rang the bells.

But that wouldn’t be right.

-Tim-
 
In this passage, it says that Paul motioned with his hand as he got up to preach in the synagouge. What was the motion? Was he making the sign of the cross? Was it some motion that is part of Jewish tradition or ritual that I am unaware considering I’m a cradle Catholic?
It seems clear from the actual verse he was asking for silence.

D-R Bible

Acts 13:16 Then Paul rising up, and** with his hand bespeaking silence**, said: Ye men of Israel, and you that fear God, give ear.
 
It seems clear from the actual verse he was asking for silence.

D-R Bible

Acts 13:16 Then Paul rising up, and** with his hand bespeaking silence**, said: Ye men of Israel, and you that fear God, give ear.
Thanks. That must be it. It makes sense.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top