Acts of penance

  • Thread starter Thread starter chataranga
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chataranga

Guest
Greetings to all,
For those that have done or do practice acts of penance have you ever done an act of penance that really felt out of your comfort zone? I think for some the comfort zone window could be very small. Thank you-blessings to all.
 
Not really. The acts of penance I have done have been uncomfortable because they are outside of my normal routine, but nothing which I really felt uncomfortable with. Then again, I have not had first confession and have not been assigned an act of penance by a priest. I’m not entirely sure how the church uses them, but they have always been a part of my spiritual walk to remind me to be holy and to reevaluate sin.
 
Thank you for your reply. That may be it. Maybe its simply that the penance I’m thinking of doing is outside my normal routine and I’m overreacting to that. Thanks for that insight. Blessings to you and yours.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top