Adopting Kids

  • Thread starter Thread starter scc11
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scc11

Guest
I was wondering what the church’s teaching on adopting kids is if a woman is living a consecrated single life?
I am only 22 but Ive never been in a relationship. I know there is still plenty of time for me to meet a nice man and have a family BUT if this does happen I was wondering if it would be OK from the church’'s perspective to adopt kids and raise them on my own?
Thanks,
scc11
 
The Church does not have any teaching regarding a single person adopting children. It is fine to do so.
 
Certainly you can adopt if you feel called to, and can care for a child/children. Perhaps you might also consider foster or respite care.
 
I was wondering what the church’s teaching on adopting kids is if a woman is living a consecrated single life?
What do you mean by a consecrated single life? Have you taken vows? That may change the answers you’re receiving.
 
As far as I know there is no exact teaching on it. I do feel that a single parent that loves the children and provides a home and a family is far better than growing up in the foster care system without a permanent home. Plus, if the children are raised around grandparents and aunts and uncles then they will likely have a strong male “father figure” in their lives, even if he isn’t an actual father.
 
Hi,

I’m also 22, engaged, and obviously don’t have kids. Agree, I’m pretty sure there aren’t really any teachings in regard to adoption.

Anyway, I wanted to drop by and say that it’s awesome you’re thinking about adopting in the future. I hope that my soon to be husband and I, too, may someday adopt <3

God bless,
Ellie
 
I was wondering what the church’s teaching on adopting kids is if a woman is living a consecrated single life?
I am only 22 but Ive never been in a relationship. I know there is still plenty of time for me to meet a nice man and have a family BUT if this does happen I was wondering if it would be OK from the church’'s perspective to adopt kids and raise them on my own?
Thanks,
scc11
I’ve never read or heard anything against it. I have from time to time thought of doing so myself but in my case financial issues prevent this. I came to the conclusion that if it’s GODs will he will make it possible.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top