B
billcu1
Guest
Does the adoration “feed” those who are old and cannot because of sin consume the host?
I read something concerning age and I do not know myself what was meant by that. But what is spiritual communion and does it feed us spiritually like consuming the blessed sacrament of the host?People who cannot receive Jesus in the sacrament should do a spiritual communion.
What does anyone’s age have to do with this?
-Tim-
Thanks for the clarification. There has been an awful lot of bashing of old people here on CAF lately. My haunches are up.I read something concerning age and I do not know myself what was meant by that. But what is spiritual communion and does it feed us spiritually like consuming the blessed sacrament of the host?
WHAT??? Has the Church started refusing Confession to old people?Does the adoration “feed” those who are old and cannot because of sin consume the host?
What I read and I can’t remember where it came from so it may not have been a valid catholic source; but anyway said something about people who could’ve receive the host and mentioned “old people”. I would guess it could’ve meant people who couldn’t get to Mass or something like that. Perhaps shut ins. Other than that I don’t know what it meant. I was just quoting it. Like you say, it makes no sense other than the situation I mentioned I would assume.WHAT??? Has the Church started refusing Confession to old people?
Why can an old person attend adoration but not Confession?
There must be more to the question than was asked, because it makes no sense. What’s the real question?
Adoration happens when a person goes to a church or chapel to pray before the Sacrament (if it’s scheduled then the Host is usually exposed in a monstrance). I can’t think of any reason why a person could go to adoration but not to Confession or Mass.What I read and I can’t remember where it came from so it may not have been a valid catholic source; but anyway said something about people who could’ve receive the host and mentioned “old people”. I would guess it could’ve meant people who couldn’t get to Mass or something like that. Perhaps shut ins.
I went to adoration once and asked a former priest of mine if I could go to confession or it was the wrong time. He indicated it was adoration and was the wrong time for confession and I said I would stay for adoration. I had my head bowed on the pew before me and he thought for a few minutes and left the front pew and asked me to come to the confessional. He said after thinking about it being mortal sin and letting it go was worse than missing a little adoration.Adoration happens when a person goes to a church or chapel to pray before the Sacrament (if it’s scheduled then the Host is usually exposed in a monstrance). I can’t think of any reason why a person could go to adoration but not to Confession or Mass.
Sin should never prevent anyone from Communion on an ongoing basis. Even a shut-in who believes s/he may be guilty of mortal sin can call the parish and a priest will visit the person for Confession. This will not be a problem.
As far as Communion goes, many Eucharistic Ministers also deliver Communion to shut-ins. Again, the person should call the parish.
If this is not available, as others have mentioned, a person may receive “spiritually.” This is basically a prayer, and God’s Grace responds, but it should not be considered a substitute for the Eucharist.
Adoration (with Eucharistic exposition) and Confession are normally events which are regularly scheduled on a weekly Parish calendar. Confessions are normally scheduled on a Saturday afternoon (so that the person can receive at a Saturday Vigil Mass, or a Sunday Mass). But anyone can arrange for confession by appointment, even if that means the priest must visit the penitent. Scheduled adoration and confession rarely coincide (because most parishes have only one priest, and only a priest may present the Eucharist in a monstrance for adoration).I went to adoration once and asked a former priest of mine if I could go to confession or it was the wrong time. He indicated it was adoration and was the wrong time for confession and I said I would stay for adoration.
The Bishop has now assigned us a new Pastor and an asst Pastor. I have some transportation problems Fr. is aware of now. The bus doesn’t run on Sundays for example. But I haven’t been able for good reasons and at times becoming a bad habit not been able to go. I need to repent of these things. I believe everyone is supposed to go 1 time a year to confession. I don’t know if that’s universal or just here in the US. But I haven’t been to Mass since around or before Thanksgiving of last year. That’s bad.Adoration (with Eucharistic exposition) and Confession are normally events which are regularly scheduled on a weekly Parish calendar. Confessions are normally scheduled on a Saturday afternoon (so that the person can receive at a Saturday Vigil Mass, or a Sunday Mass). But anyone can arrange for confession by appointment, even if that means the priest must visit the penitent. Scheduled adoration and confession rarely coincide (because most parishes have only one priest, and only a priest may present the Eucharist in a monstrance for adoration).
Regular Confession is not normally offered during adoration (especially if the scheduled adoration is one hour - in response to Our Lord’s question, “Could you not wait with me for one hour?”
Some parishes have adopted perpetual adoration. These parishes have an adoration chapel designated for this purpose. My comments to not apply in this suasion.
True. Some parishes have Adoration - the host exposed in the monstrance - for long periods of time in the church itself. Our downtown Jesuit church has formal Adoration several hours a day, except when they have Mass, and also have times for confessions, during which Adoration goes on.Adoration (with Eucharistic exposition) and Confession are normally events which are regularly scheduled on a weekly Parish calendar. Confessions are normally scheduled on a Saturday afternoon (so that the person can receive at a Saturday Vigil Mass, or a Sunday Mass). But anyone can arrange for confession by appointment, even if that means the priest must visit the penitent. Scheduled adoration and confession rarely coincide (because most parishes have only one priest, and only a priest may present the Eucharist in a monstrance for adoration).
Regular Confession is not normally offered during adoration (especially if the scheduled adoration is one hour - in response to Our Lord’s question, “Could you not wait with me for one hour?”
Some parishes have adopted perpetual adoration. These parishes have an adoration chapel designated for this purpose. My comments to not apply in this suasion.
I’m going to guess about the “age” thing.I read something concerning age and I do not know myself what was meant by that. But what is spiritual communion and does it feed us spiritually like consuming the blessed sacrament of the host?