M
Mark_B
Guest
For clarity, I’m a Baptist learning about Catholicism. I enjoy many things about the Catholic faith and I am trying to learn about the various practices of the Catholic faith. I seem to be drawn to the fact that Catholics have the Sacraments to aid in their walk with Christ, and I want to know more about them. I feel that if i go to Adoration and truly open myself to the Presence of Christ, I might find the answers I need to take the next step to accepting the Catholic faith. I fully believe in the power of prayer, and I have prayed numerous times for God to give me the answers. I have been to Mass on numerous occations with my in-laws and feel great when I leave, although I have received a blessing from the priest, but not the Eucharist.
My question is, if I go to Adoration as a non-catholic, what should I do as far as entering the church during Adoration? I don’t currently use the Holy water, and I don’t kneel when I enter the pew. I do, however, pause, and bow my head, in respect for the Church. Is this acceptable during Adoration? I don’t want to offend anyone, but I also don’t know what is proper during this most precious time with the Presence of Christ. I just want to attend an Adoration and allow the Holy Spirit to lead me.
Any responses would be appreciated.
My question is, if I go to Adoration as a non-catholic, what should I do as far as entering the church during Adoration? I don’t currently use the Holy water, and I don’t kneel when I enter the pew. I do, however, pause, and bow my head, in respect for the Church. Is this acceptable during Adoration? I don’t want to offend anyone, but I also don’t know what is proper during this most precious time with the Presence of Christ. I just want to attend an Adoration and allow the Holy Spirit to lead me.
Any responses would be appreciated.