Adoration

• Thread starter Thread starter meglin
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

meglin

I am blessed to have Perpetual Adoration in my parish. I spend one hour with Our Savior every Thursday morning and can’t help but think about what Jesus said to Peter (Matthew 26:40) "When he returned to his disciples he found them asleep. He said to Peter, "So you could not keep watch with me for one hour?"

My life has changed in so many ways since I began Adoration. I recommend it to any one seeking a deeper faith and love of others.

How does one spend an hour before Jesus exposed in the Blessed Sacrament?

This hour Jesus wants you to spend with Him is spent any way you want. You may bring your own prayer books, use the books in the chapel, read the Bible, pray the rosary, or just sit and relax and enjoy the sweet peace that comes from simply being in the Presence of God. You may feel that you can’t pray well. Don’t let this discourage you. The mere fact that you take time out at a specific time each week to spend an hour with Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament pleases Him very much and is in itself a prayer of great faith.

Meglin, I am with you! Adoration is a huge blessing a parish may have. Our parish has a limited Eucharistic Adoration on weekdays. It’s not perpetual but it’s something!

It was a wonderful surprise when our (now retired) pastor gave the ok to begin Adoration in our parish. We started in September of 01. I think it was just a week or so into it when the church filled on 9/11.

Because my church is right across the street, I am graced with the opportunity to go to Adoration just about every day, and (the one benefit of ours not being perpetual) attend the Benediction each day. WHAT a grace!! Some days it’s what gets me by…

I am just so sad when there are so few there before our Lord. He awaits, and so few respond.

oops… last night I re~registered in the name I prefer to use online, and as I toggled between my favored Netscape (which is old version and won’t work on here) and despised IE, I see that I automatically logged on as Narey> So that (above) is me, too…

Thank you for the reminder Meglin,

I too have thought about attending adoration. I read so many good things about it and how absolutely wonderful it is.

I just need to get off my lazy bum to drive across town to do it. :o

It is amazing. When I started I was a little apprehensive, thinking it would become just one more thing in an already busy life. But to my surprise, I look forward to my time with Jesus.

My time is Thursday’s from 2 to 3 AM which may seem hard for some, but I wanted it out of the way of every day events.

Meglin, you are probably there alone with Jesus, then?? I once had the glorious opportunity to substitute for someone else who has the midnight to 1 a.m. hour. I was alone the whole hour, was even able to prostrate myself before Him…sigh…

Yes, I am alone (so to speak) and it does allow for more expressive devotion; praying aloud; tears of sorrow and joy; etc.

Hello to you all. This is my first response to this thread. I love the concept of being in the presence of Jesus. I do not have this as available to me as others. I have done it and found it somewhat stressful because I felt that I needed to do my Holy Hour of Reparation (booklet). I found myself racing through it. I now know that just being with Him and opening myself to His presence is a wonderful option to my racing through some prayers, even though they are really great! Thanks for the suggestions. Joe

Our Church has perpetual adoration and it has been a real blessing! As others have noted I wondered initially about the time commitment, but not anymore. It is an hour I absolutely look forward to!

thank you all for your (name removed by moderator)ut, suggestions, and experiences. Our parish only has Adoration on the first Monday of the month. I’ve found that this is NOT enough times for it being offerred, and many times, it sneaks up on me and I either forget to go OR as a busy mom of three, I have not fit it into the schedule. You all have encouraged me so much that I have put it on my calendar, and no matter what, I MORE than have time to spend 1 hours in the Presence of our Lord, adoring Him for who He is. Thank you for the encouragement. I pray that someday, our parish will increase the number of times they offer this amazing gift to us. Blessings.

(oh, and the few times that I have gone, it was an amazing one hour…the grace and peace that came from that experience SHOULD be enough to bring me back no matter what every 1st Monday…and as a convert of only 7 years now, I most definitely desire to be in our Lord’s presence as much as possible…thank you again for your suggestions.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back