Advice and Prayers, please!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kasenka
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kasenka

Guest
Hi everyone.
I need some advice. I’m friends with someone from work who was raised a Christian but is now an agnostic. He wants to believe but seems to need a lot of proofs and has a lot of questions. Here’s where you all come in. I’m very frustrated that I don’t know the answers to his questions. Don’t get me wrong- I know the value of faith and I don’t expect to understand everything. I also don’t feel responsible for converting him- his faith is between him and God. At the same time, I feel like I should become more educated about why I believe what I believe. Does anyone know of a good book that I could read for my own faith development? Also, any prayers you could spare would be appreciated. Please pray for both of us as we try to discern where our relationship is going and, more importantly, please pray that he is lead back to a relationship with God. Thanks!
 
I would suggest, as it sounds like you are a couple or at least hoping to be, that as a couple you enroll in the next RCIA class at your parish. This is as much a “teaching of the faith” class as it is a prepatory for acceptance into the faith. When you enroll simply inform the parish that you are attending as a refresher to further the study of your faith.
Together you can both attend and learn together and through that class you can then watch him to see if he accepts or rejects the truth.

However, there is a book out there written by an evangelical lawyer, who attempted to disprove christianty using the same discovery techniques he was taught in law school, and in the process ended up proving the faith to himself. I have forgotten the title, but if you go to a christian book store and mention the above, I am sure they will know exactly the book. Sounds like this book will assist your friend in some of his agnostic arguements.
 
That’s a tough situation… I’ll pray for you and your friend.

I would recommend a book on Apologetics. Those are very informative!

PAX CHRISTI

-Matt
 
Will pray to the Holy Spirit to help you and your co-worker. Call upon your guardian angels for assistance too.

God bless.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top