I’m so sorry you are dealing with this. (by the way congrats on baby!)
I have a 2 week old and have to have your back on the hormone thing. My husband was not very supportive through my pregnancies. He tended to brush off any pain/tiredness/emotions I might have and went as far as making comments about my weight and lazyness (very seldom true. usually I was just plain exhausted. 12+ hours a day at work plus working on our farm and remodeling our house and chasing our 2 year old…) Men don’t think. They act. they open their mouths and words come out with no filter.
I think my husband also knows how to push my buttons and set me off and for some reason he does it all the time. then when I blow up it’s ME being moody and irrational. I don’t buy the hormone thing. yes, that may be a part of it but more of it (in my case) was him. sounds like your husband is similar. I have considered seperation as well, no one should have to deal with such BS.
I have a girlfriend or 2 that I vent to. just getting it off your chest (posting here works too) helps you feel better–or at least rationalizes your feelings. I also keep a list of the rotten things he says/does written down. not sure why, I don’t go back and reread it, but it just helps me to vent my frustrations on paper I think. I have threatened divorce/seeking an annulment and he doesn’t take me seriously. it’s tough, I know how you feel. you feel stuck in a rut you can’t get out of, and having a kid makes it way more complicated. You can’t spend your life miserable for her sake but you do owe it to yourself and your daughter to try counciling. I would look into that retrouville. I have thought about it. But I think the first thing is to really make HIM see you are serious and hurt. I can’t quite get this through my husband’s head without a complete breakdown and the cold shoulder for days… then he asks a stupid question like “whats wrong with you?” or “why are you being such a &^*$?” which at least opens the lines of communication for a fresh argument.
good luck and many prayers and heartfelt hugs for your situation.:hug1: