Afraid of Retirement

  • Thread starter Thread starter oldfatguy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oldfatguy

Guest
I will be taking mandatory retirement in a few months. I have worked hard all my life and have tended to being a workaholic. I am frightened about what retirement will bring along with the unknown. I want to continue to work and earn some money but am lost. I am also afraid about being financially secure in my retirement. Please pray for me that I can face this time and that I can discern God’s will.
 
Prayers said. Sounds like you have an opportunity to grow in your spiritual life. Good luck.
 
I’ll be retiring on the 27th of this month after 47 years with my present employer. All together over 50 years in the job market plus working while in high school. I have always had this structure to my life, so I am unsure about my future also.

I hope to be more active in church beginning with daily mass. I hope to still go to the gym. Mostly I hope to spend more time with grandchildren. Don’t know how to make that more structural but the Good Lord will provide.

Pray for you. May God continue to bless you. Be Holy!👍
 
Praying!

My FIL went through the same thing a few years ago. The element of the unknown was the hardest part. But he found new hobbies, new friends, and new ways to spend his time. Now he’s just as busy as he was when he was working and is loving every minute of it. The Lord will see you through this transition! 👍
 
Same issue here.

I started with daily Mass.

Then I chatted with my pastor.

He tapped into my life skills.

And I met a super bunch of people with the same situation.
 
Praying for you…
+

O most beautiful Flower of Mount Carmel, Fruitful Vine, Splendor of Heaven, who brought forth the Son of God still remaining a Virgin, assist us in this necessity. O Star of the Sea, help us, and show us that you are our Mother. *
*
O Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and earth, we humbly ask you from the depths of our heart to help us in this necessity. There are none who can withstand your power. O show us that you are our Mother.

  • O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee. Sweet Mother, we place this cause in your hands. Amen*
 
Praying for your intentions. Maybe you could asked around if there is any part-time work needed in a Parish/School? If successful; this will augment income as well as aide in spiritual growth & development.
 
You could also look into becoming a Parish Consultant (1099 deal) with Lighthouse Catholic Media.

if interested, visit lighthousecatholicmedia.org/about/join for more info

You could also check out catholicjobs.com. They sometimes have part time work which is great for retirees

God Bless and I pray that you have a happy retirement.
 
God still has plans for you, which may not be immediately apparent. Ask him to help you and then keep an eye out for what doors open and close. It isn’t necessary or advisable to jump into the first thing that crosses your path. If you can take time with grandchildren, I’d recommend it highly–for you and them. 🙂 Part-time employment helps structure time, if that’s how you want to go, and there is increased opportunity to improve your spiritual life. Money worries follow everybody; get a good, prudent, financial advisor. I loathe change that I’m not in control of, but this is what has helped me so far.
 
Praying for you. I retired 24 years ago and love it. I did volunteer work. I read to the blind, took communion to shut ins. I also go to the gym 5 days a week to keep in shape. I loved my job but don’t miss it. Enjoy your retirement.
 
St. Joseph, St. Martha, pray for us. If there’s a patron saint of hobbies, I pray for their intercession too. 😉 (Square-dancing, that’s the way to go, man.)
 
Praying for you. I retired 24 years ago and love it. I did volunteer work. I read to the blind, took communion to shut ins. I also go to the gym 5 days a week to keep in shape. I loved my job but don’t miss it. Enjoy your retirement.
That’s great. My own father retired not long ago. He also does some more stuff at the church,prays with people, as well as hobbies like ski instructor and golfing, and fixing his house. He always seems to keep himself busy.
 
May the Lord watch over you financially for your every need. Through Christ Our Lord, amen. :signofcross:
 
Enjoy life,and spend some time praying to God who let you live this long,give thank,s for every day you have, for I do ,because God,s in control of our live,s . AMEN:gopray2::bible1:
 
Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

†

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

†

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

†

Prayer to Our Lady of Mental Peace

O Lady of Mental Peace,
Mother of Tranquility
and Mother of Hope,
look upon The Apostolate in this time
of weakness and unrest.

Teach her searching heart
to know that God’s Love
for her is unchanging and
unchangeable, and, that
true human love can only
begin and grow by touching
His Love.

Let your gentle Peace -
which this world cannot give
  • be always with her.
    And, help her to bring this
    same Peace into the lives
    of others.
Our Lady of Mental Peace,
  • Pray for us!
    Amen.
Jesus, Help Me!

In every need let me come to You with humble trust,
saying:
Jesus, help me!
In all my doubts, perplexities, and temptations:
Jesus, help me!
In hours of loneliness, weariness and trials:
Jesus, help me!
In the failure of my plans and hopes, in disappointments,
troubles and sorrows:
Jesus, help me!
When others fail me, and Your Grace alone can assist me:
Jesus, help me!
When I throw myself on Your tender Love as Savior:
Jesus, help me!
When my heart is cast down by failure, at seeing no good
come from my efforts:
Jesus, help me!
When I feel impatient, and my cross irritates me:
Jesus, help me!
When I am ill, and my head and hands cannot work and
I am lonely:
Jesus, help me!

Always, always, in spite of weakness, falls and short-
comings of every kind:
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, help me and never forsake me!

Amen

†
 
Prayers for you to make the transition to retirement successfully. Let God guide you forward, benot afraid.
 
Prayers continuing for you…
+

*O most beautiful Flower of Mount Carmel, Fruitful Vine, Splendor of Heaven, who brought forth the Son of God still remaining a Virgin, assist us in this necessity. *
  • O Star of the Sea, help us, and show us that you are our Mother. *
  • O Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and earth, we humbly ask you from the depths of our heart to help in this necessity. There are none who can withstand your power.
    *O show us that you are our Mother.
  • O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee. Sweet Mother, we place this cause in your hands. Amen.*
Flos Carmeli
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top