Aiding fertility

  • Thread starter Thread starter thomist1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thomist1

Guest
In knowing well the Church’s stand on abortion, I began to wonder what the official stance is on increasing fertility with the aid of a doctor and prescribed medication, either for the husband or the wife. Can yot tell me the Church’s position ?
thomist1. Thank You Very Much.
 
There are a variety of extremely successful fertility treatments that are currently available and new fertility treatments are being developed all the time.

My understanding is that as long as the treatment doesn’t interfere with the procreative and unitive aspects of sex that it should be ok.
 
I believe that although IVF is condemned, fertility drugs for the woman (to release more eggs) are acceptable. I will leave it up to someone to correct me on this if I’m wrong.

I’m not sure about male fertility drugs, though.
 
There are a variety of extremely successful fertility treatments that are currently available and new fertility treatments are being developed all the time.

My understanding is that as long as the treatment doesn’t interfere with the procreative and unitive aspects of sex that it should be ok.
" Hatred stirreth up strifes, and charity covereth sins". Proverbs 10:12 Thank You, and God Bless.
 
As far as I know, any drugs to increase egg/sperm production are fine. IVF is banned because the nature of the procedure throws out some fertilized eggs.
 
Thanks very much for the information and your time spent in replying.

thomist1
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top