ALTAR GIRLS

• Thread starter Thread starter PASCENDI
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
To put it simple, what is the point of altar girls if they cannot become priests?

40.png
Iohannes:
To put it simple, what is the point of altar girls if they cannot become priests?
Decoration

Is the point of being an altar server to try out for the priesthood?

Altar serving is suppose to inspire people to the priesthood. Wayback then, acolytes were people in training to be priests and are still the mainsources for the priesthood.

To allow young ladies to participate, and prime them for future roles as usherettes, readers and EMHC’s.

Fullsizesedan said:

To allow young ladies to participate, and prime them for future roles as usherettes, readers and EMHC’s.

Was that suppose to be sarcastic(especially EMHC)?

Not at all, there are a lot of full grown women participating as volunteer readers and ushers and EMHC’s, and they had to start their participation somewhere.

40.png
Iohannes:
Was that suppose to be sarcastic?
Probably, like my comment that the number of EMs should NEVER exceed the number of communicants.

We have a cleric nearby, who won’t say mass unless there are at least 2 females on the altar. He’s even come out beforehand and said he won’t start till he sees them. Delayed mass 20 minutes one Saturday afternoon.

What’s the difference between a liturgist and a terrorist?

you can negotiate with a terrorist.

I say throw them all in a bag and shoot the bag!

That was sarcastic… a little

The fact that there are altar girls, is really a feminist agenda. Though I cannot see the point since the issue of women’s ordination is officialy a non-issue. The Pope (why is he afraid to declare something Ex-Cathedra?) has CLOSED the issue, for him, and FUTURE Popes almost.

I wonder if most of these American Bishops (seems to be the only Country in which the Catholic Church has “altar girls”) will finally begin to heed Rome? What’s next, women deacons? THEN A hA! Women priests?:bigyikes: :banghead: When are certain pastors of parishes going to stop beingso politically correct, and trying to win popularity contests? Cardinal Arize’s lates Document, and hence the Vatican’s, says that the noble tradition of Altar Boys is highly recomended and laudable. Why do some people think the church is a democracy? It is NOT. By the way: the latest from Rome is: EVEN where a Bishop has permitted Altar Girls to serve, HE CANNOT!!! Force this on individual pastors, EVEN in his own diocese!:clapping: . Thank GOD! Can you imagine if every Diocese was to MICRO-Manage every single decision the Pastor makes?? Wow, that would make many priests want to be pastors. Especially when those really running SOME dioceses in the USA are feminist-no habit nuns, and left-wing lay people who really PERSUADE SOME(again, SOME) Bishops to do this or that. It must really be harder in today’s world to be a DIOCESAN Priest, versus a Religious Order priest (in an order of PONTIFICAL right). can you imagine being a poor orthodox diocesan priest in a very liberal diocese, under a liberal bishop?:yawn:
Please note: I am speaking IN GENERAL!!! Not regarding one diocese or the next anywhere in the world, or against our Bishops whom we do have to see as sheperds. Not only laity, but especially PRIESTS, must never PUBLICALLY criticize their Bishops, or if the guy is a priest, he cannot create dislike or talk bad about his Bishop, or go against him (CANON LAW!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back