I
indymb
Guest
OK, I was here about a year ago with a not too hot story about my spouse’s intended infidelity and the support she was receiving in that from friends.
A year later we’ve stopped our counseling – it hasn’t helped, and I see on our cell bill that she is again texting the guy she had been unfaithful with.
I’ve contacted an attorney regarding separation. I’ve received spiritual direction that I should try something more Christian rather than a court-ordered separation. I’ve left for one week and a month in the last dozen years to underline the strife. Trust is zero. Our faith approaches oppose: Her: God will understand; Me: How may I serve Him better?
This situation is much more complicated than this short blurb. We’ve been in counseling multiple times in 20 years. My former pastor suggested a Greek translation: “make haste slowly.” I’m following his advice.
When is it finally time to ask God if it is time to go? I had asked Him for a time to be relieved of this life, at least for my kids’ sake. I’m mistaken. I need to be more myself and perhaps on my own. And I need to be there for my kids.
When is separation a final “hey, this isn’t working” option? I believe she believes I would never leave, no matter what she does. Separation isn’t divorce, but it does precede it. I’m ambivalent whether it is the right choice. Lots of prayers have ensued.
Thank you for your thoughts.
A year later we’ve stopped our counseling – it hasn’t helped, and I see on our cell bill that she is again texting the guy she had been unfaithful with.
I’ve contacted an attorney regarding separation. I’ve received spiritual direction that I should try something more Christian rather than a court-ordered separation. I’ve left for one week and a month in the last dozen years to underline the strife. Trust is zero. Our faith approaches oppose: Her: God will understand; Me: How may I serve Him better?
This situation is much more complicated than this short blurb. We’ve been in counseling multiple times in 20 years. My former pastor suggested a Greek translation: “make haste slowly.” I’m following his advice.
When is it finally time to ask God if it is time to go? I had asked Him for a time to be relieved of this life, at least for my kids’ sake. I’m mistaken. I need to be more myself and perhaps on my own. And I need to be there for my kids.
When is separation a final “hey, this isn’t working” option? I believe she believes I would never leave, no matter what she does. Separation isn’t divorce, but it does precede it. I’m ambivalent whether it is the right choice. Lots of prayers have ensued.
Thank you for your thoughts.