Am I bad for noticing people's race?

  • Thread starter Thread starter LotusCarsLtd
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also like to look at people’s faces to see if I can see other races in their face.

I just saw a new T.V. Show on channel PBS. It is called “FACES”. There is this man who likes to check out ancestors of movie stars and entertainers.

Tonight he did a family tree of the actress Eva Longoria whose Spaniard family arrived in Mexico before it was part of Texas. Her ancestors arrived when part of Texas was under Spanish rule. Then there was the Mexican flag of the rulers, then the civil war flag, then the Texas Flag and then the American Flag.
The interesting part is that she also has Chinese in her from the Chinese name of “MA”.
Since the Ma Chinese family arrived in America too they could have inherited new Chinese relatives. She also looks part Native American. She says she is Mexican-American for more than a on hundred years which is true.

WOW! That was a great show I saw tonight.

I would like to have my DNA tested to see what percentage I am of European, Native American and maybe Chinese. I come from the Mexican-American culture.

People always ask me, “where are you from”? Are you a recent arrival to America?
I always answer that my family has in the u.s.a. since the late 1800’s which is true.
I act like an American and also Mexican because I love both culteral groups.
I am more American than Mexican.

The people asking me the questions are mostly immigrants who have just arrived from other countries like the middle-east and other Latinos.

I don’t get offended at all because Los Angeles does have a lot of Latinos.

I really believe that DNA is the in subject presently. People love to say that they are Danish, etc. It is just fun for me.
I like to brag that I am part Indian. I never ask people what culture they are from. I ask what is their ancestry and a lot of people don’t know or really care.

Someday I plan to have a DNA test done on me to find out my ancestry.
A few months ago, I saw a special on human genetics on National Geographic. If you visit the website, they tell you how to participate. If I remember correctly, the fee was about 100.

I’d be interested to know what genetic background I have as well. I’m a first generation sicilian american, but sicily had been conqured and/or occupied by so many different populations. My mom has very fair skin, and green eyes. So does her brother. My dad could have looked middle-eastern.

I’m not really sure why mentioning or noticing these things could be wrong. As long as you don’t judge based on appearance. 🤷
 
I have a grandson that is part African-American. Since I am his Mexican-American grandmother he seems to have inherited my DNA genes.
First of all, he inherited my blood type of A+. His mom is type O.

I called them this week and found out that my grandson was having surgery from a growth on the side of the neck. It was not a serious problem but he was going to be under the anestisa sp. so he wouldn’t feel a thing. I advised his mom to take him a bottle of Sprite which is his favorite soda so he could drink it and vomit the anestisia in his system since I am sensitive to anestisia. Sure enough… when he came out of surgery he vomited the anestisia. I told his mom that he would vomit again in the car on the way home and to be prepared and he did vomit again.

When he got home he went to sleep and I told his mom to give him any foods he wants to eat. She gave him soup… and then later on for dinner he wanted a cheeseburger and fries and felt fine.

I told her not to give him codiene since I am also sensitive to codience so she didn’t fill the prescription. I told her I have a high level of tolerance for pain and if he had any pain just to give him tylenol.

Hi mom was amazed at how I predicted that he would vomit because when she has surgery she doesn’t vomit after surgery. But, I do have that problem.

My grandson looks Latino with a mixture of African. He did take a DNA test to prove that he was my grandson. He came out 99.9% that matched with my DNA and my ex-spouse DNA too. He had to take that test for legal reasons that is a long story.lol.

To make the story short my grandson is a lot like me. I just love it. LaLucia
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top