P
PatsWife922
Guest
I am hoping that you could all offer me some guidance.
I recently started going to see a therapist to help me deal with some issues from my past. I will clarify that I have not been diagnosed with a mental illness.
I was very unsure about if I should enter therapy - I felt like in a way I was betraying God - saying that His help is not good enough.
I have been going for over a month now - as I have been stripping away the layers of pain inside, I am finding new pains and new hurts that I have burred so deep inside me. I am a mess and emotionally drained.
I have continued to go to almost-daily mass and adoration when I can - but I sometimes feel as though God has abandoned me. I have spent so much time pleading and begging God to help me - to take this burden from me. But so far - nothing. If anything - I have slipped further into my emotional anguish. It makes me so angry as I think that maybe God has already been healing me…but I am so trapped inside my own head that I cannot see it and I continue my inner turmoil. I am fighting my temptation to be angry with God…angry for all of the things that happened to me and for all of those times other people hurt me. Why does God allow bad things to happen like that?
Has my going to therapy betrayed God? Should I have relied only on Him?
I feel so lost and confused…
I recently started going to see a therapist to help me deal with some issues from my past. I will clarify that I have not been diagnosed with a mental illness.
I was very unsure about if I should enter therapy - I felt like in a way I was betraying God - saying that His help is not good enough.
I have been going for over a month now - as I have been stripping away the layers of pain inside, I am finding new pains and new hurts that I have burred so deep inside me. I am a mess and emotionally drained.
I have continued to go to almost-daily mass and adoration when I can - but I sometimes feel as though God has abandoned me. I have spent so much time pleading and begging God to help me - to take this burden from me. But so far - nothing. If anything - I have slipped further into my emotional anguish. It makes me so angry as I think that maybe God has already been healing me…but I am so trapped inside my own head that I cannot see it and I continue my inner turmoil. I am fighting my temptation to be angry with God…angry for all of the things that happened to me and for all of those times other people hurt me. Why does God allow bad things to happen like that?
Has my going to therapy betrayed God? Should I have relied only on Him?
I feel so lost and confused…