Am I culpable for this sin?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Miiiils
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
“ non Catholics, non Christians” - therefore not baptized, therefore valid under natural law.
But, just to be clear, there are validly baptized non Catholic Christians who enter marriages just as Sacramental as that of two cradle Catholics.

It seemed to me that you were expressing a belief that only Catholics have Sacramental marriages.
 
But, just to be clear, there are validly baptized non Catholic Christians who enter marriages just as Sacramental as that of two cradle Catholics.
Yes, that is true. There is the sacramental bond between two validly baptized Christians marrying e.g. two baptized Protestants.
It seemed to me that you were expressing a belief that only Catholics have Sacramental marriages.
I don’t see how I gave that impression in anything I wrote, and I’ve just reread all my posts…
 
You could tell him it is good that he is marrying the lady.
 
Non Catholics, non Christians enter perfectly valid marriages every day.

There is no canonical reason that Catholics may not be part of these weddings, be witnesses, sign as witnesses and give the toast.
This. As far as their living arrangements go - it’s not for us (or anyone for that matter) to presume sinfulness. Most (if not all) of the weddings I’ve solemnised have involved a couple living at the same address as each other.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top