Anybody who checks into the ER or psychiatric care for what they call “suicide ideation” is treated for depression because, in the vast majority of, (if not all), cases, that is the cause. Mentally healthy people don’t off themselves; something has to be seriously wrong. The word “depression” has traditionally had such a stigma to it, (“What’s wrong with you? Snap out of it!”), that a lot of people don’t want to own up to it.
Most of these replies (not all) aren’t getting what I’m saying.
Most of them seem to be saying. “I don’t wish I was an atheist because I believe in God”
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thobyught that the definition of an atheist was someone who didn’t believe in God.
No. I get what you’re saying. I just don’t think that atheists necessarily “have it easier.” I know many who grapple with the concept of there being nothing after death. And I suspect that the humbler, critically thinking atheists - just like humbler, critically thinking religious people - face doubt from time to time over whether or not they’re correct.
Some other considerations:
No rules (or at least you could make the rules up yourself). You could do whatever you want as long as it was legal.
Actually, atheists, too, live by a moral code based on the norms of society. While I personally find some flaws in that argument, they DO follow a set of moral rules that involve treating others with kindness and fairness and behaving ethically in matters of business, science, etc. And those who uphold these precepts will cry foul when anybody violates them.
For that matter you could break the law if you were so inclined.
Catholics can, too. We have free will.
I’ll be honest. At various points in life, I’ve considered atheism. But that’s not because it’s the Easy Way Out.