Am I wrong to go to Church with my parents?

• Thread starter Thread starter CONVERT
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CONVERT

Forgive me for this elementary question, but I’m a new Catholic ( Confirmed Feb 14 of this year - thanks be to God ) and I want to stay within the guidelines of the Church. I live in MN., am going in July to visit my non-Catholic parents in KY. who attend a Vineyard Church service. We haven’t seen each other for years and they would like me to go to their church with them on Saturday night so we can worship together and introduce me to their friends. I will still be attending Mass the following morning on my own at a Catholic Church near their home. I’m wondering if I will be wrong to attend their church with them on Saturday night? I do know that if they have any type of communion service at their church I will not be participating in that process as it’s not the true body and blood of our Lord.

Thank you for your help,
Michelle

So long as you fulfill your Sunday obligation to attend Mass and do not receive Protestant communion (as you plan to do), it is all right to attend non-Catholic services as a guest. The Directory for the Application of Principles and Norms on Ecumenism can be found at the following link:

ewtn.com/library/CURIA/PCCUECU.HTM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back