S
Seatuck
Guest
I’ve heard that.Pastor told me yesterday he still has people who respond “Thank you, Father” to “The Body of Christ”
I’ve heard that.Pastor told me yesterday he still has people who respond “Thank you, Father” to “The Body of Christ”
I hear “thank you” instead of “Amen” all the time at the nursing home.Pastor told me yesterday he still has people who respond “Thank you, Father” to “The Body of Christ”
ve been attending a Sunday TLM (TOTALLY in union with Rome). The priests say: "May the Body ...... " to each Communicant. The 2 Communion lines are orderly. Kneeling at the Communion Rail gives each person a few seconds to silently get composed, a helluva lot better than trying to do it while lurching forward in a line. Communicants receive our Lord passively; as one writer said: "like little birds with their mouths open, waiting to be fed". Its like a feather landing on your tongue. Its sublime! And of course, theres the paten.I’ve done that once or twice when my brain had a momentary glitch. Hopefully it’s not the same people saying, “Thank you,” each time.Pastor told me yesterday he still has people who respond “Thank you, Father” to “The Body of Christ”
I would love to attend a TLM but they are all over an hour and a half away from me. In the fall I’m planning to start attending once a month . Hopefully the gas prices hold or decrease.Sealuck
After receiving Communion, i say “My Lord and my God”, but under my breath.
For well over a year, ive been attending a Sunday TLM (TOTALLY in union with Rome). The priests say: "May the Body ...... " to each Communicant. The 2 Communion lines are orderly. Kneeling at the Communion Rail gives each person a few seconds to silently get composed, a helluva lot better than trying to do it while lurching forward in a line. Communicants receive our Lord passively; as one writer said: "like little birds with their mouths open, waiting to be fed". Its like a feather landing on your tongue. Its sublime! And of course, theres the paten.
You’re lucky. For me to reach a TLM Mass would require at the very least 16 hours of driving but most likely more than 20.I would love to attend a TLM but they are all over an hour and a half away from me. In the fall I’m planning to start attending once a month . Hopefully the gas prices hold or decrease.
I agree with you. The words “May the Body of our Lord Jesus Christ keep thy soul unto life everlasting. Amen.” from the priest sound much more to the point of why we receive Him.Sealuck
After receiving Communion, i say “My Lord and my God”, but under my breath.
For well over a year, ive been attending a Sunday TLM (TOTALLY in union with Rome). The priests say: "May the Body ...... " to each Communicant. The 2 Communion lines are orderly. Kneeling at the Communion Rail gives each person a few seconds to silently get composed, a helluva lot better than trying to do it while lurching forward in a line. Communicants receive our Lord passively; as one writer said: "like little birds with their mouths open, waiting to be fed". Its like a feather landing on your tongue. Its sublime! And of course, theres the paten.
When the change was first introduced the mass was still in Latin; so the Priest said “Corpus Christi”. I have heard that there was at least one case of someone responding “Texas”.Pastor told me yesterday he still has people who respond “Thank you, Father” to “The Body of Christ”
s ironic that since "The Body of Christ": "Amen" has come in, a smaller percentage of Catholics believes in the Real Presence. In the TLM, you cant help but see that something awesome is happening at Communion time.SORRY!
Post #23
i meant to address imkingdad.
ProVobis
Its ironic that since "The Body of Christ": "Amen" has come in, a smaller percentage of Catholics believes in the Real Presence. In the TLM, you cant help but see that something awesome is happening at Communion time.
We always hear about this lower percentage but I don’t think anyone ever did a survey back ‘in the day’. I don’t think we have any way of knowing what people believed then compared to what they believe now. The identical question would have to be asked and you’d have to know just what people understood by ‘True Presence’.ProVobis
Its ironic that since "The Body of Christ": "Amen" has come in, a smaller percentage of Catholics believes in the Real Presence. In the TLM, you cant help but see that something awesome is happening at Communion time.
Surveys of that sort are easy on the internet now (or polls) but back ‘in the day’(s), it was a pretty good ‘bet’ that catechesis was at least 90% better than the present so the greater percentage were aware they were receiving Jesus; Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity. Even those in CCD back then. It is not just my opinion that catechesis was better but many present day clerics have admitted this.People understood the meaning of the ‘True Presence’.We always hear about this lower percentage but I don’t think anyone ever did a survey back ‘in the day’. I don’t think we have any way of knowing what people believed then compared to what they believe now. The identical question would have to be asked and you’d have to know just what people understood by ‘True Presence’."
t judge (and thats already been brought up)., but the casual way some people receive Communion makes you wonder, and its not a good example for others. A Moslem said to Fr. Benedict Groeschel: "If they really believed they were receiving Christ, theyd act a lot more reverently than that.".That’s partly what communion rails are for. It’s much less distracting kneeling there awaiting the Body of Christ.I enjoy the time I have while in the communion line to pray and meditate on what I’m about to receive.
A few times I have been so deep in thought, that when it comes my turn to receive I’ve been surprised and at a loss for words.
I respond Amen when receiving … except for those times when I was deep in thought or prayer and was surprised.
I agree. Benedict XVI seems to be ‘steering’ us back to the communion rail as observed on televised EWTN programs; those receiving Jesus from his hands kneel and receive on the tongue. We can hope it lights some fires in the hearts of American parish priests. A ‘special’ line or other provisions could still be made available for those who are elderly or handicapped.That’s partly what communion rails are for. It’s much less distracting kneeling there awaiting the Body of Christ.
For those of us who are absent minded, are easily confused, and suffer from intense anxiety, receiving Communion on the tongue at the Communion rail makes it so much easier. ThereThat’s partly what communion rails are for. It’s much less distracting kneeling there awaiting the Body of Christ.
s no worrying about "genuflect", then wait for the priest to say his bit, say "Amen", and then, and only then, open your mouth! Its plurry well hard for some of us! And if the priest doesnt know us ...... Its sick when you have to approach a priest in fear, rather than just deep longing.