An Ephiphany About Feminism and the Church

  • Thread starter Thread starter joandarc2008
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite quote from the show is “I spent over $2000 on celebrating her life choices (wedding, babies, etc), and what do I get? Nada. This isn’t about the gifts, this is about my choices. There is no flatware for when you leave Mr. Wrong, there is no party for taking vacation alone. After graduation, there is no celebration of singles.” This is not a direct quote, but the gist is there.
I’ve spent tons of time and money celebrating my friends and their lives, and if I end up alone, what do I get? Pity. I could have married my abusive ex-boyfriend and gotten a toaster. rolls eyes

I do agree, we need more strong single females in the media. “Sex and the City” is about as good as it gets. Maybe that is one of the reasons is was so popular. 🤷
*Joan, I’m enjoying this thread you started…I don’t have much to add, just wanted to jump in here and say…Country Singer? I love how you word things…I could read your posts all day long…I really like your sense of humor and your view on life!

You are like a modern day Erma Bombeck…I might be dating myself there. 😊;)*
 
*Joan, I’m enjoying this thread you started…I don’t have much to add, just wanted to jump in here and say…Country Singer? I love how you word things…I could read your posts all day long…I really like your sense of humor and your view on life!

You are like a modern day Erma Bombeck…I might be dating myself there. 😊;)*
Thank you whatevergirl! I have heard of Erma Bombeck. 🙂 I have always loved to write, but I knew I could never make a go of it. I always wished that someone made a “Sex and The City” that was a little more down-to-earth. My best friend and I would bounce ideas off of each other, and we had a little series going. 😊
 
What would be next? The, “Why are you still single?” or “Are you a princess or a nag?” quiz? 😛

We are sorry but your relationship with your mother prevents you from forming a relationship with any other woman.

Our in-depth analysis shows you would give up any man for a new pair of shoes.

The estimated date of your husband’s institutionalisation is approximately between 1.25 and 1.75 days after you remind him that he forgot about your three and a half years anniversary.

A recent break-through academic survey indicates that saying, “yes, darling, the soup is great,” causes increased happiness levels in women compared to offering constructive criticism of the choice of ingredients, temperature and amount of salt used.
 
My favorite quote from the show is “I spent over $2000 on celebrating her life choices (wedding, babies, etc), and what do I get? Nada. This isn’t about the gifts, this is about my choices. There is no flatware for when you leave Mr. Wrong, there is no party for taking vacation alone. After graduation, there is no celebration of singles.” This is not a direct quote, but the gist is there.
I’ve spent tons of time and money celebrating my friends and their lives, and if I end up alone, what do I get? Pity. I could have married my abusive ex-boyfriend and gotten a toaster. rolls eyes

I do agree, we need more strong single females in the media. “Sex and the City” is about as good as it gets. Maybe that is one of the reasons is was so popular. 🤷
Sad that this is the standard for strong women…but I think there is some truth to that quote…although my mother has made a point to celebrate all her daughters other accomplishments up to this point…I have a career, a degree, and have left a couple Mr. Wrongs…all things my mother ( a very intelligent, strong woman herself) made sure to support me and celebrate with me…
And as for getting things, my 50 year old single aunt threw herself a " 50 year old and still single" shower… it was a lot of fun!
 
I don’t need facebook to take a “why are oyu still single?” quiz. I just need to call any of my family members, I’ll get asked that for hours. :rolleyes:
 
I don’t need facebook to take a “why are oyu still single?” quiz. I just need to call any of my family members, I’ll get asked that for hours. :rolleyes:
Yep! My grandmother has a list we run through every holiday…:o
 
Yep! My grandmother has a list we run through every holiday…:o
You are too picky
You don’t put out
You are too smart
You are too religious
You want to get a Phd, it scares off men
You are too fat
You have cats
You are too funny
You like video games
You like to work out too much

😉
 
You are too picky~ Check
You don’t put out~Check
You are too smart~ Check
You are too religious~ Check
You want to get a Phd, it scares off men ~ A masters…but Check
You are too fat~ Too skinny~ check…
You have cats~ I want some~ Check
You are too funny~ Too serious
You like video games~ You read to much
You like to work out too much~ Too quiet…

And many more…🙂

😉
 
Personally though I figure the man I will love will love that about me…so I smile and nod…she found her life and her husband…and really I think she wants to see me happy at heart…🙂
 
It scares off women too. 😛

No, this one totally doesn’t scare women. :p:D
I grew up with two older brothers who ran a video game store (I worked there in high school). So I grew up playing them. I only have a Wii at the moment. 😦 Any man who loves video games has my heart.
I also get the “you are too quiet” also.

Sorry to go off topic. 😊 steps away
 
too fat and work out too much? You are a woman of much discrepancy and mystery - sounds like everything a good, single lover of the Eucharist should want. Now you just need to find one. Good luck. - I got it - a new show - Castity in the Country!!!
 
too fat and work out too much? You are a woman of much discrepancy and mystery - sounds like everything a good, single lover of the Eucharist should want. Now you just need to find one. Good luck. - I got it - a new show - Castity in the Country!!!
It’s weird to me too. I like to work out, but also like food. Hopefully the weight thing will change soon. I’ve already lost 10 pounds since I’ve moved here. 😃 I must admit when I ran the Portland Marathon, I did turn some heads. I heard snickers, but those stopped when I passed them. 😃
 
That refers to the woman’s offspring, so both women and men. 😛
You are right - but I do notice the text seems to give the woman credit for the offspring when physiologically speaking men and women are both 50% responsible for any offspring - sorry just splitting hairs.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top