An essential read for any appologist!

  • Thread starter Thread starter FightingFat
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FightingFat

Guest
I bought this book a few months ago and have been reading it with growing excitement and enthusiasm. Anyway, I felt I just had to share it with you- it’s brings the faith into such a tangible dimension!

Canon John Redford is a well known British Priest, theology lecturer and appologist. He has written numerous books about the faith and often writes for the Catholic Truth Society most recently (to my knowledge) he wrote this pamphlet “The Truth About Jesus Not the Davinci Code” which I’ve read and highly recommend!
🙂
Anyway, Father John is a formidable scholar and someone who has a real passion for theology. He’s a hermeneutics expert and his specialist subject, if you like, is the Gospels. In this book; Bad, Mad or God, he does an amazing job of prooving without doubt, the historicity of the Gospel accounts.

Now you might be thinking that you know the Gospel is true; but that really is all the more reason you should read this book! What is most impressive is the breadth and depth of Father John’s knowledge; a lifetime lived at the top level of theology. It’s breath taking and I defy anyone not to be touched and impressed in reading this masterpiece! You can’t help but pick up so much information that will help you in so many ways- in your own spiritual journey and in helping others to the truth!

I can’t find it on US Amazon, but you can order it from UK Amazon here amazon.co.uk/Bad-Mad-God-John-Redford/dp/0854396942/sr=8-1/qid=1170342306/ref=sr_1_1/026-8242269-4269219?ie=UTF8&s=books

Or Maryvale Institute, the Catholic Theology Institute where Father John currently resides as Director of the Master of Theology Course maryvale.ac.uk/BookshopA-B.htm
If you’re really stuck, pm me and I’ll send it to you myself! 🙂 I don’t know if Catholic Answers stock it or if they’d like to?

Has anyone read it?
 
Judging from the title, it sounds like he is re-presenting C.S. Lewis’s argument both that Jesus was Lord, and that Peter and Susan should trust that Lucy is telling the truth about Narnia…
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top